Skip to content

What does "do not accept anonymous" & "do not accept transparent" proxies do?

I see that [x] Do not accept anonymous (no elite) proxies is ticked [/].

What does this mean?

I would think I would be better off un-ticking this, an instead choosing to pick:

[/] Do not accept transparent proxies

What do each of these choices do, exactly?  Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    transparent = proxies that will show your actual IP to the remote server you use the proxy with.
    anonymous = proxies that will let the server know, you are using a proxy, but not the actual IP

the rest (called elite proxy) are those who will not identify to the server as proxy and of course also not show your ip.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2019
    OK...and just to be crystal clear on this: By "accept" does that mean:

-keeping a checked proxy that meets the criteria from going onto the list

or

-keeping the proxy server  from choosing a proxy meeting criteria that's already on the list

Sorry for so much confusion >_<

It's for new proxies here as well that get added automatically when scanning/searching for new proxies. All present proxies stay as they are.
    edited November 2019
    Hmm...with large proxy lists it might be cool to be able to create sub-lists.

I see it's great to be able to output current proxies in various tags and types, in multiple data formats, destinations on-the-fly, but I'm thinking it would also be nice to be able to have the present list loaded into GSA-PS select/un-select proxies according to criteria.

Is this helpful?

This ties into the other post I wrote about being able to assign each port of of PS, when multiple ports are assigned for different proxy server sub-lists, essentially...

Have one port set for all Elite, Google. (or whatever)

Another be for SB with no Connect, etc. (or whatever)

Another be super-fast proxies that are under .00005 lol (or whatever)

etc.

edited November 2019
    I think that exported lists are faster than using the proxy server?

We can set up multiple lists and thus take the strain off of GSA-PS in that way.

So then..no need for what I mentioned?
    Yes, you should always try to export the proxies and use them directly in the apps if possible as this takes the load from the tool.

However, sometimes it makes more sense to use the webserver where the other program e.g. only allows you to use one proxy (browser) or where you want to simulate special behavior like posting with a proxy on the same region as the remote server.
    OK, thanks Sven. It makes sense now. :)

This has been a productive week, in terms of learning.

Not that much else, but if I don't value educating myself, no other work will then happen, either! :p:p:p