Skip to content

Failed Re-Verification (Test Again) Function

It's been a while, but i was wondering again if this could easily be implemented.

Just an option to re-verify Failed Re-verification list on that list popup.

A while ago I was planning to make a batch file to use to do SOMEthing. Can't exactly recall what...

Maybe it was saving the verified list BEFORE manually running Re-Verify  links so that after re-verification, I could match to see which were removed, and place them back in Verified right before I manually re-verify next time,  to be checked again?

I think I did this mnaually but it lost the other data fields...

Looking on GSA posts; I know I did mention it here.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can do that in manual mode (not automated/scheduled) but you probably know that already.

right click on project(s)->show urls->verified->right click->import urls->previously failed...->...
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    I think that  using that option, any links failing a second time are deleted. Is that right, Sven?

OK, now I recall what the batch was to do! :| I was confused.. >_< >_<

I was going to make a batch job to copy all the failed re-verification URLs to corresponding files for each project at the start of each day, just appending the file.

So, it would be a master list of all failed reverifications (2x) for each project.

Then, it was to copy them back to failed re-verification file for each project.

So then, when I, or SER, check the re-verifications, it will ALWAYS be the entire list.

As it is, failing twice totally removes a URL from the list, no?

Maybe there can be a per-project or global setting to either:
    -never delete re-verifications
    -delete after X (user set) # of failed retries?

I guess after failing twice, the probability is, that the link is dead??

Sven, I know you know better, as you've dealt with far more links, and therefore instances of links going dead. Just trying to squeeze as much as I can out of every link.
    (I know there are many other ways I haven't gotten to--like posting multiple times in each account,for one!) anyway...

It seems easy to implement, I guess u need a counter for #failed-re-verifies that increments on fail and if it's the limit then, and only then, scrap the URL from the failed re-verification list.

But...I know this may not even be worthwhile.

But...I manually imported way back when (as batch would do automated), and found some links were alive, even after 2 re-verification failures....!

Still..I know you have eightysix million tasks to do. Only tasks that make sense time/return-wise are worth undertaking...

Does this seem at all worth it?

Thanks!

if it would fail again, it is again saved to the "failed_reverify" file per project. You can later check that again.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited November 2019
    OK. Cool.  But how do I check the "failed re-verify" links again later?
    just repeat the procedure should work fine.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee