Skip to content

Damaging neg links services and G link disavow tool ncessary?

Good morning, friends. :)

I would like to know (from this pool of users as there are many I greatly respect the ideas of on this board) if using services to discover "bad" links is a good idea.  If so, any good services?

Further, is using the Google disavow tool suggested and is there any way of doing it that works best?

I have been negged in past, but didn't at ALL want to involve G in any way. B)

In the past, I just tried to fix the % of KW anchors if thrown off, and for "bad" links, just leave them.

Thank you!~

Comments

• I too do not want to use the Search Console as I don't trust Google. I used AHrefs to discover where the negative SEO links were pointing, thankfully to only a handful of pages, and I 301d those to Google.com (fuckers!)

I then changed the page URls slightly and the negative SEO damage was reduced to nil.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    @spunko2010: Effective strategy, & you sidestep the Search Console completely!
  • I've used the disavow tool in the past when someone blasted me with bad links, and I've just ignored the bad links other times. The effect has always been the same - nothing happened.
    edited November 2019
    I have come back to this question recently.

What, exactly, is a bad link?

You seen, I want to advance my SEO knowledge, and I am realizing I have a many murky areas and have to learn the basics I somehow skipped over.

So to really even understand this, I need to first know what a bad link even is. What makes a link bad??

Where can I find out which links I have linking to my sites fit this category of "bad"?

Are such links OK, but just not pointing at my money site?  Are they never OK? OK for T2? T3? Will SER possibly create such links? Are paid lists devoid of such links?

And, finally, the disavow tool on GSA: Will G00G always let you know a link is bad and affecting rankings?

Lots of questions...no better place to ask than here...
    edited November 2019
    "What makes a link bad??"

I've been trying to learn this from various online sources.

Clearly, a backlink qualifies as  "bad"  if that site has malware.

As well as backlinks GOO-GL marks as bad in the webmaster tools.

Aside from that, people's definitions  seem to vary from blog to blog, utility to utility.

Some seem to suggest any backlink from a page with LOW trust flow and many outgoing links is bad. That seems like over-reach.

I subscribed to a service, checked the money site in question, and came up with only one bad link --something posted by an actual user, not SER.

Amassing a serious amount of links, hopefully with good TF, seems like the solution. Will that dilute effects of any negative backlinks?

After all, I can't imagine large sites using the Disavow Tool. Maybe they do? Maybe their situation differs from someone with a new, tiny site?
    I'm not bothering with this right now.

Instead, I'm just going to focus on improving sites, adding good content, and doing social media stuff and other marketing.

Refining my use of GSA products is  a big part. I'm trying right now to see every area that I am unclear in. :)