Skip to content

German. Believe it or not.

Hi guys, believe it or not:
though I have been working with GSA SER for a couple of years now and my mother tongue is German, I never had to do a German campaign. Always only English. 

Now is the first time and I'm looking for tips. Are there any special lists, any specific engines that will increase my chances?
Is there something like SERengines? (On first looking through I only found some German guestbooks and that is so 1990s internet)

Comments

• Oh, and while I'm at it: does anybody know a (paid, of course) article posting service in the online versions of top German media, like in Spiegel, Welt, Süddeutsche, Zeit etc. ?
  • I have no idea about German but Google isn't that smart in other languages. You may have a chance to spam your way to the top with guestbooks :)
    I would recommend checking out the backlink profile of your top 10 competitors. If they use SER you may well have your first link list to post to.
  • thanks for your comment.  I've seen your point in Polish SEO, not so sure about Germany though as the market is so much larger, more money at stake for Google,  too.  
    The tip with competition is of course a good one.  will check carefully how spammy they appear
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "though I have been working with GSA SER for a couple of years now and my mother tongue is German, I never had to do a German campaign. Always only English."

I think it's great you're working in your own language. I know this is about making money, and maybe if I focused on that aspect more I'd have more lol but still, it's somehow a cool thing to be working in your own tongue and marketing to your fellow countrymen (and perhaps women) : )

Of course that's assuming a person's mother tongue matches their nationality, which may not be the case, rarely.  :p
  • I'm actually Viennese, @Deeeeeeee. Nationality would be Austrian, but I much rather consider myself a European. ;-)
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "Nationality would be Austrian, but I much rather consider myself a European. ;-) "

Yup, in the end we're all people of Earth...the Milky Way, even. :dizzy:  Crazy to think of! The vastness of it all boggles the mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like how the Buddhists say we have to care for ALL sentient beings! :innocent:

That means ALL people of all lands, animals, insects...conscious computers, even!  :)

Interestingly, I found while researching that  one of my ancestors' surnames may derive from an Austrian last name. So I began looking into Austria. Found the people there are supposed to be very happy, with a vibrant culture.

Contented people are too busy enjoying life and making the most of it to bother with nonsense. :)

There were some amazing composers from Austria!

• True. True.