Skip to content

Difference between importing URLs and importing GSA PI sorted list.

What's the difference between directly importing a URL list and importing a .sl created with GSA Platform Identifier? 
I have observed that some forum links, guestbook links are identified as article links. What could be the reason and how can this be avoided? Does GSA SER make these mistakes? Because if it doesn't, woudlnt it be a good idea to import the lists directly to GSA?
Thank you.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    If you import a raw URL list, SER will need to identify each URL + register + post where if you import a .SL (site list) its already identified and SER will be able to register + post.

SER should work a bit faster with a .SL than a raw list.

I'm not sure exactly why there would be a difference in Pi and SER identification, but either way a .SL should still be a bit faster.

• Thank you for your input, @s4nt0s. Since PI has shown the trait of misidentification of engines, I feel that importing a raw list would be more beneficial. This will avoid missing links of the engines we want if they were identified as other engines and hence skipped. Could you shed some light on this? 
    Thank you.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @starpulse89 - Well, the identification should be very close to how SER identifies them but there might be some differences. It's really up to you if you want to import a raw list or not. Using the "deep matching" option in Pi might help a bit with identification, but only slightly, but enabling that option will also use more resources.

Pi and SER should be very close in identification, but if you prefer, you can import a raw list and let SER identify. There are many users that import raw lists and let SER identify and that works just fine.
  • Thank you, @s4nt0s
  • StiglizStigliz Russia
    edited January 2022
    @s4nt0s
    Hello. Could you clarify a bit? Do you mean that there is no significant difference between identifying platforms in GSA SER and in GSA PI?
    Am I right, that the launch process of identifying platforms in GSA SER is here?
    Thanks in advanse.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, you can do the same in here as well.