Skip to content

Question regarding threads and Proxies

Hi,

I want o run only 1 project. So I have a few questions regarding GSA ser settings.

1. I don't want multiple simultaneous submissions, I just want 1 submission at a time. So can I set the thread to just 1?

2. If I set the thread to just 1 then do I have to purchase proxies? because I will be using my original IP to create backlinks.

3. I don't want to create tons of backlinks overnight. I just want to create 10-20 backlinks a day. So purchasing captcha breaker and proxies would be meaningful?

4. How to set up VPN ? and Do I have to even set up VPN if I follow the above steps?

Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. I don't want multiple simultaneous submissions, I just want 1 submission at a time. So can I set the thread to just 1?

Yes, but this makes not much sense. You better use the option to pause
    the project for a certain time after a successfull verification.

2. If I set the thread to just 1 then do I have to purchase proxies? because I will be using my original IP to create backlinks.

Proxies are used not only for speed but also for staying anonymous.
    Personally I would use proxies as well here.

3. I don't want to create tons of backlinks overnight. I just want to create 10-20 backlinks a day. So purchasing captcha breaker and proxies would be meaningful?

At least captchas is a must these days. Else you miss a lot quality
    links as these are the ones with captchas.

4. How to set up VPN ? and Do I have to even set up VPN if I follow the above steps?

Nothing to setup with a VPN, if its connected, all programs use it
    automatically.

• Hi,

thanks for your reply but I still have some questions. I am new to this type of software and SEO and I don't want to get penalized or blacklisted by Google. So I want to keep things, slow and steady and safe too.

I am trying to get my hands on GSA ser trial version before I buy and I am also on a budget too.

So my questions are:

1. For 10-20 backlinks a day I think I can fill the captcha manually, What do you suggest? Stil a need to purchase captcha breaker?

2. As I will be creating backlinks for my blog and I won't be running any other projects in GSA, So considering this and also that I will be using 1 thread and creating 10-20 backlinks a day to keep things safe from Google.

So do you think I will need proxies? If yes then what kind of proxies do you suggest? public or private? And how many proxies do you suggest considering I am on a budget here?

3. Also, I can see in GSA that it scraps a few proxies without purchasing it from any external source. So do you think I can use those proxies without having to buy from the third party? if yes the
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2019
    " I will be using 1 thread and creating 10-20 backlinks a day to keep things safe from Google."

Trust me, I was also similarly concerned. And still am.

While it's important not to do things that get Google to penalize you, realize also that projects have tiers:

YOUR site<<---Tier 1<---Tier 2<---Tier 3<<---etc. etc.

So, even if you have a few articles and such pointing to your site, you may  want to have other links pointing at THOSE links. If you don't, you will miss out on the link weight ("juice") that's the whole point of SEO!

You end up with this, or something like it:

1 site you are back-linking.  People sometimes call this the "money site."
    10 sites you are linking to your web site or blog or whatever.
    1000 sites linking to those (100 each)
    100000 links pointing to those 1000 (1000 each)

You can't do all that by hand. Trust me. I started by doing hand-only SEO for years. You get nowhere. Your content isn't going to discover itself! Think about it.

"So do you think I will need proxies?"

YES!!!!!!!

Do yourself a favor and learn from those people who came before you. I like to do my own thing, but in a sense that makes me very dumb. Don't be like me. lol There's a reason most SEO is done the way it's done. Proxies are VITAL.

" If yes then what kind of proxies do you suggest?"

Rotating back-connected. (like StormProxies offers) for "scraping", or searching Google and other search engines.

and

Dedicated, or shared/semi-dedicated proxies. (like StormProxies offers)These are for posting your content to sites and for validating links. NOT EVER for SCRAPING!

"And how many proxies do you suggest considering I am on a budget here?"

Start at smallest number available, then.

"3. Also, I can see in GSA that it scraps a few proxies without purchasing it from any external source. So do you think I can use those proxies without having to buy from the third party?"

There are lots of free proxies out there. Far fewer will pass Google and be good for scraping.  (These only last a short while., so you have to keep checking and finding  new ones!)

It is a limiting factor, but you could always start out this way, or try GSA's Proxy Scraper program, which is like what you see in GSA-SER, but better.

"1. For 10-20 backlinks a day I think I can fill the captcha manually, What do you suggest? Stil a need to purchase captcha breaker?"

See above. If you do this right, it will be more than 10 - 20 links a day, considering the higher-numbered tiers. I actually love CAPTCHAs, the art, the programming part, everything. So if you like doing them by hand, you can join 2captcha and solve a few for fun, as I have, and see what's out there. Also, some like ReCaptchaV2 and V3, you can't solve by hand with SER.

GSA Captcha Breaker has a really high solve rate. And, once you purchase, that's it. You will save thousands in time! Maybe more depeneding on how fast you scale up.

For an external service you use in conjunction with SER, try an API-based  service with limited threads and a once-monthly fee to start small.

Pay-as-you-go gets verrrrry expensive!

Hope this helps!!  :)

• Hi,

Thanks a lot, guys. I would appreciate if you can help me a little more.

1. I came across this website https://proxy.webshare.io/  
    Seems legit to me and it is mentioned they are providing private proxies.

What do you suggest? Should I buy this one to get started?

2. While submitting articles through GSA SER, Can I use the articles that I have posted on my blog?

For example - I will copy the article from my blog and paste it in this software to publish it on web 2.0 sites. Will it work? If this is the case then how do you suggest me to link my website in that article? By linking that article to 2nd article or what?

Or do I have to write a short article to publish it on web 2.0, social bookmarking sites, etc? Which will link it to the long article on my blog.

If I have to write a short article then what length and keyword density should I target in a short article?

3.  My blog is dedicated to Protein and Protein shakes. I hope to post the backlinks on websites like Tumblr, WordPress won't do any negative effect as I think these websites are not related to health and fitness. Any suggestions?

4. Someone suggested me to use naked URL while running the campaigns through GSA SER to keep it safe from Google? Is it correct?

5. My another question is - Let's suppose I have 2 articles which I want to submit (X and Y)

I submitted article X and created backlinks for that (T1, T2, and T3) Which include websites like Tumblr, WordPress, etc.

Now I want to Submit article (Y) then I hope creating backlinks on the same website (Tumblr, WordPress . etc) will not affect or penalize my rank?

1. I don't know that provider, maybe you also want to have a look here:

2. Not a good idea. The best solution would be to have a unique article per site...at least use spin syntax on an article to limit the duplicate content

3. If you create your own sublink there and post your articles, I don't see a problem

4. You should have a good mix of anchors, branding, naked urls and so on...Whats best for your site however is something you have to decide.

5. I leave that for others to answer
  • Sven said:
    2. Not a good idea. The best solution would be to have a unique article per site...at least use spin syntax on an article to limit the duplicate content

Articles on on my blog are 90% unique so I was wondering if I can copy those article into GSA SER and submit the same article and create backlinks? Or should I create new article related to that post on my blog and link it to my post on my blog?
    better new articles.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited September 2019
    "2. Not a good idea. The best solution would be to have a unique article per site...at least use spin syntax on an article to limit the duplicate content" -Sven

Hi, Sven...was wondering: Do comments count?

I mean, if I put a bunch of unique comments at the bottom identical articles, would that ever be enough to limit similarity?

Would I have to have the exact same article and then 90% more comments (than article content length)?

"3.  My blog is dedicated to Protein and Protein shakes." -pratush India

Not to divert topic, but I love protein shakes. Always have. :)

@Deeeeeeee The comments are not making duplicate content more unique...
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee