Skip to content

Translate with deepl api (paid)

I try to translate with deepl api (paid) but it seems doesn't work.
I have tried with 10 articles in english.
The result is the same article article in english.
Sometimes i have too many requests...

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And you have a valid api key? If so, please send me that one via private message and also the project you want to translate.
  • dodwandodwan France
    Yes i have a valid api key
  • I have always too many requests sometimes...
    always sometimes? Well I don't know the restrictions of your api key here...maybe just a few translation attempts are allowed? What error do you get in detail?
  • Almost always the error "Too Many requests" in GSA.

• I have a paid api... You can't ask to deepl?
  • On the website i have:
    Due to too many requests coming from your IP address, access to the free DeepL Translator has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later, subscribe to DeepL Pro, or contact us at block@DeepL.com, stating your IP address.

It is strange i don't use a lot deepl
    are you maybe connected over a proxy or vpn?
  • No proxy or vpn

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that you have received this error message.

That is very odd. Could you please send us the API request and response that showcases this problem. This would allow us to investigate the problem in more detail.

Thank you for your patience. Should you have any remaining questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice day on behalf of the entire DeepL team.

Best regards,

DeepL Support
  • The software translate all the content of the project? and not only one version of the article? Maybe it is why there is a lot of requests?
    oh yes, it is translating each article you have selected in the listing.
  • all the variations?
    you mean the spin syntax? No, it will translate only one variation.
    I would need to debug this with your api key...can you share it in private message for a couple of tests?
    I was now able to debug with your API key (thanks for sending it). However, I have not gotten to a point where an error is returned. Is that maybe some special article you try to translate or is it appearing all the time onwards at a certain situation?
  • No specific situation

the first time it can work during a moment for one or 5 articles for example.
    can you then please send me a project you translate where it appears? I would then make some more API calls till I get it. I just don't want to over-use your key.
  • Hello, is this issue fixed? I would also like to buy deepl api key for content generator.
    it worked for me at least...Im still debuging the issue @dodwan had but so far I was unable to reproduce it.
  • @Sven Did you fix this problem? I am having the same issue with an paid API. I get "Too many requests" ever single time I try to translate an article.
    guess it was fixed...my message was from last year :/

can you share your API key in pm?
    your key seems not to be valid anymore...I tried it now with another key and that worked fine.
  • lanskilanski fr
    edited April 2020
    hi, i have just subscribed to deepl pro api and get my auth key but i never manage to get it working on gsa CG... I got always the same error :+1:

Did someone ever managed to translate with deepl pro with GSA CG ?

• You need an api account it doesn't work with the pro subscription.