Skip to content

GSA proxie scraper is too spammy

simamurasimamura europe
edited August 2019 in GSA Proxy Scraper
Hello. I use proxie scraper for my GSA SER. I have been using it for last 3 monts. It located on dedicated VPS, and few days ago i got a message from VPS owner, who told me about abnormal proxie scanning activity from my VPS account, and if i won't stop this spam they will disable my account. And i was forced to stop all my work to the moment when i will solve the problem.
So here is the question, what i need to do to avoid this spammy issue with proxie scraper? Or this is how it works, and i have to buy pack of private proxies?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1. a proxy scraper can't be spammy.
    2. what they see on port scanning is probably due to the fact that ip addressed and a port range to these was found and the software scanned them quickly. You can avoid this by only using certain providers for scanning or lower the thread aount.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited August 2019
    Sven, would using a proxy to port scan have eliminated this issue for simamura?

Or, using selected ports, a narrower IP range, and a higher time-delay?
    Oh indeed, he can simply use the option to use proxies while scanning / testing.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • So what is my problem? ) Is this issue with SER or proxie scraper? And what i should to do to prevent this in future ?
  • Sven said:
    1. a proxy scraper can't be spammy.
    2. what they see on port scanning is probably due to the fact that ip addressed and a port range to these was found and the software scanned them quickly. You can avoid this by only using certain providers for scanning or lower the thread aount.
    What do you mean "use certain providers for scanning" ? 
    Wait, now you say you also use SER on that same machine, why do you think it was the fault of GSA Proxy Scraper after all then?
  • Sven said:
    Wait, now you say you also use SER on that same machine, why do you think it was the fault of GSA Proxy Scraper after all then?
    Yes, i use SER at the same VPS. I think its was proxie scraper, because VPS owner told me about "unusual proxie scanning activity", and called it spam )). So i ask what can be a problem ?
    If you think it's Proxy Scraper then please try using proxies when scanning/checking proxies (global options). That should get you off from there false positive detection.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee