Skip to content

Nvme disks

andrzejekandrzejek Polska
edited July 2019 in Other / Mixed
If you still didnt try nvme disks - check them out, they are amazing... do you remember switching from hdd to ssd? Its the same while you switch from ssd to nvme.

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited July 2019
    'Its the same while you switch from ssd to nvme. "

Very cool. More speed is always good.

Last year, when I re-did my machine, I was planning to get a PCIe interface board to connect my drives, rather than using the SATA bus.

Looking up NVMe, I see it's not the same thing as the older ways of connecting drives to the system via PCIe that I looked into just a short year ago. 

I'm reading about M.2 drives, which work with the new NVMe cards. Totally new hardware!! :o

I never ended up getting the PCIe card last year, but this is a great reminder to do so, as well as look at new options. Thanks for the info!

Have a good weekend, pplz! :)
  • Take a look at AMD ryzens, they are great and cheap... 8x2 = 16 threads awesome for desktop. There are great mini itx boards for these, and again, cheap...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    To be honest, I heard the first time about this and I have to admit that the statistics for it are astounding. Maybe it's time to upgrade...
  • Absolutely it is! The speed of read/ write is one, but the pci-express lanes vs SATA allows for much more writes/reads (thats how i imagine). I personally use only Samsung disks, i never had any failure, right now it is Samsung 970 evo nvme 2 and i am amazed.
  • Sven

Your site as well as the forum is running on NVMe for the last 6 months :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ups, looks as Im really not into hardware things anymore.
    Btw, your service is the best! Last week we had some issue and your team helped immediately and fixed it. It's the service that always makes a difference :)
  • Sven said:
    ups, looks as Im really not into hardware things anymore.
    Btw, your service is the best! Last week we had some issue and your team helped immediately and fixed it. It's the service that always makes a difference :)
    Our pleasure Sven, Thank you for having us and for your business