Skip to content

Questions about Articles and KWs

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited July 2019 in Need Help
Good day, GSA pplz.

I have longstanding lack of clarity on this:

1.) For Article-Focused Link Building, I've always added my articles to a project, then add Anchor Text here:

Anchor Text (based on Main Keyword)
{My first keyword phrase|my second KW phrase|my third}

Now, for articles, I have NEVER checked off "partial" "secondary" "branding" "LSI" or "generic".

If I HAD done so, and added some KWs, would if affect what KW (linked) goes into an article? Are these valid options for use in articles?

2.) Also, I most often  (always, so far?) use option #3 "Just a link in a random location"

As I understand this, SER randomly selected a KW. Then, there is a check of the article, to see if that KW is there.

If so, SER adds im the html link.

Here's where I remain unclear: What happens next if the KW is NOT present? If the KW is missing for that particular article, does SER then go and find another KW?

This is assuming I am correct that #3 exhibits this behavior...and I haven't misunderstood.

3. For other links in non-articles, how does SER know where to place the link?

Is a KW selected, then if it's a 450 character description called for, SER checks to see if the KW is there and places the link??

I've always forgotten to ask when  I'm on here.

Anyone, new person who just learned this or seasoned pro who knows everything, please help me to finally understand this better.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• @Deeeeeeee If i were you i would setup the correct settings you want to test and then check the Articles with "test" button. That could clarify many of your questions.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited July 2019
    If i were you i would setup the correct settings you want to test and then check the Articles with "test" button."

yeah..that does seem like a good way to check out the article and anchor phrase stuff to see precisely .

I guess it's not really that much fun being given answers anyway, when you can test and discover on your own. 

Sorry; not trying to be lazy.  :p

OK.

So far I learned with my own testing:

1. ) [see above] If I HAD done so, and added some KWs, would if affect what KW (linked) goes into an article? Are these valid options for use in articles?

Yes, and yes.  Apparently, these others (LSI,etc.)  can be anchors for our articles if checked and there is/are valid option(s) for anchor text (meaning at least one anchor or spintax for multiples) in selected slot(s).

will test #2 and #3 after...
    edited July 2019
    2.) Here's where I remain unclear: What happens next if the KW is NOT present in the article? If the KW is missing for that particular article, does SER then go and find another KW?

OK. If the randomly selected anchor/KW *IS* present, the <a...></a> tags will be placed around the text that matches the KW SER selects.

If KW is NOT present, SER will post that KW to a random spot in the article.

Hmm...Maybe this behavior can be altered to create yet 2 MORE options that either ask SER to find a new KW (#8)  or a new article (#9)  on no match??

will test #3 after...
    Was thinking about this. Usually, I work with like three main KWs that appear within an article. All three always appear in all articles at least once so they can be linked.

But what about secondary KWs that may not appear in every article? Would you ever even want to waste article resources on these? That's the instance I was thinking #8 and #9 above would be relevant.

3. For other links in non-articles, how does SER know where to place the link?

For those 250 and 450 Descriptions, it seems that the link is NOT placed within the text. I'm guessing the systems that accept these generally do not accept links within those descriptions.

The anchor substitution is only in effect for articles.