Skip to content

What Settings Do I Use To Amass Large Proxy List?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited June 2019 in GSA Proxy Scraper
...and do I even want to? Proxies get used, then disappear??

Should I keep old ones?

And, I have auto on. The list keeps getting larger and smaller.

Should I save the list every so often, then just add the old list(s)  again? Where did those proxies go?? >_< >_<

I wanted the program to just check/uncheck proxies, but never remove from the list. How do I set this?

Or, should I just let the software do its thing and let the list get smaller and larger?

Thank you. :)

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Proxies detected as being down might come back later as working. You should keep them for some time and remove once down for a bit longer.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "You should keep them for some time and remove once down for a bit longer."

So amassing a huge list of proxies is an OK goal, but maybe doesn't make too much sense, then?

Do proxies ever come back on after a long hiatus?

How then  do I keep GSA-PS from removing dead proxies from the list?

Or, am I getting it wrong and new proxies never removed, but rather just unchecked?

Sorry; still not clear on this, Sven.  Anyone who's around, please let me know what the case is.
    I have been playing with GSA Proxy Scraper today and earlier this week.

I found the Automatic Search menu option in the Settings Tab. (at Main via the top button, far-right)

I see it's set to auto-remove proxies down for more than 120 minutes!

I can just disable or set to a higher value! :)

Also, "store previously working proxies in a file before removing" is checked.

Where is that file?

BTW, had lost proxies I saved manually (tho didnt save all details--will in future--just saved IP Port User PW) but it was in the Local Windows User folder, and I had looked in Roaming, only.

Hope this info helps someone who is stuck on either question as I had been!

And, to Sven, and everyone else on here, have a great weekend! :)

proxy_dead.txt :|

you can use the ADD button on main GUI and scan previously deleted proxies. That will read in that file and eventually you will get back many new proxies.
    edited June 2019
    OK, Sven, I added this ENTIRE list. :p

But I stopped the check after a few minutes b/c it's a LOT of IPs to check...

And thought (in future)  it might be better to break the list up into chunks...and import a little at a time...so that my ISP doesn't get upset that I hit 5 million (or whatever the real sum) IPs hour after hour.

Don't know if this is being overcareful, but I'd rather be safer...
    scanning previously working IPs should not cause any ISP issues. Thats usually enough different IPs and ports.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited June 2019
    Also, ppl, there is an option to add  deleted proxies top-left, Adde Button, last choice.

I should have looked more carefully.