Skip to content

Fake Profile images

SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
edited February 2019 in Other / Off Topic
To all who want to have a profile image of a person that does not really exists:

thispersondoesnotexist.com

The following image is created by an AI. The portrait is of a person that does not exists. Unbelievable.
<< Reload the page to show a new image >>

More details to the created images can be found here: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19144280
Thanked by 1ishanpenn

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited February 2019
    That is crazy.....on-the-fly newness every 2secs? Yeah; these are def useful....v v interesting discussion & AI. Many thanks for posting....!
  • Great..... I am going to automate this with a macro :D useful to use with serengines profiles
  • This is beyond amazing! Did you see the Anime or art interpolations?

• CarltonStuder65CarltonStuder65 East Los Angeles, California
    Uhhh... Super useful! Thanks mate!
  • Cheers to whoever built this........... long may he reign........

• I was making a couple of facebook accounts by using those images and they all got blocked. The only suspicious thing I did was using images from this site. but I'm not sure though. Has anyone ran into a trouble with images?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I think these images have all been pre-calculated and there is just a limited amount of them which have all been used by facebook's algorithm to check if they get used.

Even though Im aginst this fake-profile thing, I am interested to know if it passes the test if you just flip/shrink or use other methods to modify the images a bit.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    " The only suspicious thing I did was using images from this site. but I'm not sure though. "

I'm sure you and tons of other ppl who frequent Sven's site leached those files! :p ::pirate:

How about using freshly generated ones that don't appear anywhere else online?  ;)

"I think these images have all been pre-calculated and there is just a limited amount of them which have all been used by facebook's algorithm to check if they get used." -Sven

As I recall, this is correct.  There aren't that many starting images the program uses. What if the seed set of images is from  a far larger pool? 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There are now for download officially here: https://generated.photos/
  • This is great. But i think its not good idea to use for stealth faceboook accounts...accounts may get flagged as their DB already in FB
  • yeah I used to use them on facebook accounts and they did not end up well.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee