Skip to content

The Ultimate GSA Proxy Scraper Tutorial

Hey guys,

After getting so much positive feedback on my ultimate GSA SER tutorial, I decided to write about GSA Proxy Scraper in the same manner. I browsed on the Internet for a while and didn't find a reliable review or tutorial or anything for that matter. Just a few threads on forums like BHW - that's it. So, I took my time to write a complete tutorial of the software as well as a real life example. In the article, I get some proxies from GSA PS, and then I use them to scrape target URLs via Scrapebox. The results were awesome by the way. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hope this helps guys!

Regards!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks for this! :)
  • @Sven My pleasure!
  • vignesh676vignesh676 Mumbai,India
    Hi,
    GSA SER also has a proxy harvester, how is GSA proxy scraper different in terms of functionality?
    @vignesh676 It's just a complete rewrite, not a single code from the SER scraper has been used. It has over 1300 sources to find new proxies, a proxy/port scanner, many ways to export proxies, filters and more to that an internal proxy server that makes it easy for you to use all the found proxies with other apps.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    Thanks for the reply. I have just purchased a license.
    Great Software Always(GSA)
    ;;)
    BTW GSA stands for what?
    GSA stands for Society (in German Gesellschaft) for Software development and Analytics.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
  • Hi. This tutorial seems to be missing from your site now?
  • thanks  .this is batter ...

• @lesid Fixed. There was some problem with one of the Edge servers.

Regards!
  • @Sophieemm1 Things get messed up from time to time :)

Regards!
  • :bz welcome...

• I don't know if you guys have heard, but GSA Proxy Scraper can now bulk check Moz and Majestic metrics without the need of you setting up an account on these sites.
  • yes . I am using GSA proxy scraper... but previous year I had used captcha sniper. but the gsa is the best then others...
  • how do they offer those metrics checks for free?
  • not at all .. just money back garanty ...
  • Have you tested the URL metrics scanner tool?
  • @Sophieemm1 What do u mean?
  • I mean some companies not offer to check free..but the give us the offer of money back guaranty for 1 month..
  • inet_solutions  thanks..
  • Gsae LupusGsae Lupus My room
    edited January 2016
    i have question here..on your tutorials 

"First we have the “Activate internal proxy server” option. Let me illustrate what this does with an example. Let’s say you used GSA Proxy Scraper and scraped 100 Google proxies and you want to used them, for example, in GSA SER. What you can simply do is check the “Activate internal proxy server”option and then add the proxy “127.0.0.1:8080” to Search Engine Ranker. That’s it. Now GSA SER will use all proxies scraped by GSA PS."

in GSA SER
    where to add ? 
    Add proxy button >> add single proxy ?
    or
    Add/ edit proxysites?

thank you before

Add proxy button >> add single proxy
  • web
    trans
    sock

which one

thank you
    doesn't matter. Proxy Scraper is detecting what the client is working with.
  • then no check in option>>automactically search for new proxies ever (  ) minutes ?
    bcause when i check that option. 127.0.0.1:8080 .. is death proxy/down

if you use that proxy only, then you should not test it periodically.
    The way I do is create a new proxy site in GSA SER via options--> Configure--> "Add/Edit Proxy sites" I have added a new proxy type called "GSA" to pick up/parse proxies from a text file, for example abc.txt. I have disabled all the existing proxy selections and have only "GSA" selected.

The file abc.txt is created by GSA Proxy scraper.

The same config works also for the GSA indexer.
  • thanks
  • I have checked the “Activate internal proxy server” option. And I don't know how to "add the proxy “127.0.0.1:8080” to Search Engine Ranker". Should I do any job in the gsa ser?
    Adding this 127.0.0.1:8080 would be enough.

See here for details: