Skip to content

Feature Request

Would it be possible to have a feature to make it work like a reverse/backconnect proxies?

By binding the local ports and rotating the proxies at every new request.

So proxies would be like

127.0.0.1:5555
127.0.0.1:5556
127.0.0.1:5557 so on and each port gets a new working proxy from the proxy base. 

it will be static in the 3rd party programs but the proxies will always be new and the projects in the 3rd party problems will yield better results. 

I know this may be a long shot, but worth saying since @sven is a magician and can make impossible happen. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it can only serve one proxy right now and you can configure it that a new proxy is used every second.
  • jojodatjojodat germany
    edited May 2019
    Hi, i want to bring up this request again.

It would be nice if we could define a port range like 5555 to 5655 to get 100 ports listening. 
    Each port with a different proxy. 
    But not rotate on each request but after xx seconds.

Reason:
    I have a software that can bypasses the cloudflare js challenge.
    But for the next few requests the cookie+browser+ip combination has to be the same.

The problem: the software can't handle socks proxies and can't reload proxies from a list.
    But these two things are then handled by GSA PS

So i could insert a list of 100 proxies (127.0.0.1:5555 to 5655), and set the xx seconds in GSA PS to that many seconds a typical run of the needed requests take plus some buffer.
    Set the software to like 25 threads.
    So it can switch the used proxy port after each use.
    And when the software is reusing the first proxy again GSA PS has already switched to a new proxy.

Bonus: maybe start the countdown of the seconds with the first request to that port after switching
    latest update will allow you to setup a range in the port field like: 8080-8090,1080
  • jojodatjojodat germany
    edited May 2019
    Wow - thank you.
    But i noticed the proxy behind every port is the same one. 
    Can we have a different proxy behind every port?
    what you mean by that? the settings are shared behind all proxies, but the proxy behind each is changing according to your settings.
  • jojodatjojodat germany
    edited May 2019
    when i tried it, it is now:
    port 1: proxy A
    port 2: proxy A
    After time defined "on use new proxy each"
    port 1: proxy B
    port 2: proxy B

Expected:
    port 1: proxy A
    port 2: proxy B
    After time defined "on use new proxy each"
    port 1: proxy C
    port 2: proxy D

To imitate what for example your sponsor has with it's 3 Minute and 15 Minute proxies. http://stormproxies.com/rotating_reverse_proxies.html 
    But with defineable time (3 min and 15 min is a bit long if the pool of proxies is not that big)

Usecase: like on my first request said:

Tool with xx bots/threads.
    All doing requests to the same site. (protected by cloudflare)
    Each bot needs for xx seconds the same proxy for some time/some requests.   
    (as CF clearance aquired by the first request is for a specific IP+Useragent+Cookie combination for the followup requests)
    next version will improve this (out later today)
  • jojodatjojodat germany
    Wow.
    What i can tell from a first quick test it looks great.
    Thank you.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Sven, is there a limit to the number of ports you can assign to GSA-PS? Thanks!
    No, but I guess your windows system will give you a limit in one or the other way.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee