Skip to content

Why do I have to keep pressing START?

edited February 2013 in Need Help
After GSA Indexer runs for a while for some reason it stops... I have to press start again every day to keep it running. It is open and looks normal etc but just not indexing links? This is on the box that has Add , Delete, Import, Export, Stop, Start  Am I missing something?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Are you sure it has not already submitted all URLs from the queue?
  • I did a test. Cleared all links out of the indexer, shut down SER restarted both. Selected do not reload unindexed links. Then SER build 7 new links and sent them to indexer but you still it did not start. The once it build a few more links it started but part way down the list. I stopped SER to let all the links run through indexer and then started SER again. It seems to start and stop fine but .... to me it appears that it is not indexing every link. The second time I started SER it made 20 or so new links but only sent a few to indexer. I checked my settings and I have it set in both options and project to send all the links it makes...anyway...thanks Sven for the great software!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

if you see all URLs in the Indexer unchecked, it means all of them have been indexed.

If you think some URLs did not get send, check the global settings if e.g. you skip certain PR or skip nofollow URLs.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

@ranknow - I have noticed when Indexer is done with a list, it stops as expected. But when I restart, it has like 20 or so sites to hit from the very last URL from the preceding batch.

It's like a little quirk that doesn't mean anything to me, and it doesn't affect anything. It's like a remnant from the previous operation, and it's ok.

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    You need to be building more links!  I have anywhere between 50000-95,000 in Indexer. When it drops below 25,000 I put it into full index mode. It runs most of the time in quick indexer and I'm just trying to have it keep up!

• Very Nice Brandon.... have any of you guys noticed this.

I shut down indexer because it is using to much resource and moving to new computer. But it keeps restarting? I have shut it down 3 times now and each time is restarts all by itself. I have even used control panel to make sure. What am I missing?

Thanks Ron for that.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You probably set it to use Indexer in SER settings so that is what's restarting it. 
  • Yes I have just did not know that would go and actually start the software if not running....