Skip to content

What sort of ROI are you seeing from using GSA?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited February 2013 in Other / Mixed
It's early days for me, but I am pretty sure I'm already seeing an upturn in commissions on my site due to GSA usage over the past month. Without being too specific my commissions have gone from $20 a day to about $90 a day on average now. I am not doing any other marketing besides SEO with GSA, maybe 1 hour a day.  I wondered if anyone else has other such anecdotes they are happy to share for nosey people like me? :)

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

That's good stuff spunko. We always knew you were a good son. But don't rest on your laurels. We just upgraded your goals. Your new goal is to triple that by year's end. Then you are in six figures. If you don't, you are being lazy. Put up more sites, and make a bunch of $90 bills each day.

Sincerely,

Mom & Dad

:D

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited February 2013
    Don't be coy ron! Pray tell... :D I don't think it's bad for a sideline business and my first foray in SEO.
  • ronron SERLists.com

Honestly, that is excellent! And you should be proud. Better than when I started. But of course I never had GSA. Anyway, this stuff is fulltime for me, it's what I do, so no big story to tell here.

I just want you to know that when Tiger Woods won the U.S. Junior Amateur, his Dad didn't say, "Oh Tiger, let's take six months off on vacation and celebrate". You know how his father pushed him.

I couldn't resist spunko. I have two kids. It is exactly what I would tell my kids, and it is exactly what my parents would tell me when I accomplished something nice. That's how you get ahead.

Now get back to work. :)

• Not any in the last 4 months.... I was very "careful" when I started automated link building in January... And 4 weeks later discovered that lots of links "die" along the way..

SO now, I am pushing it more. Learning more...

But I have time, no rush here.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    And remember the saying "failure is the sign of someone that had the guts to try"
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I push the link building limits in every way and have seen great success with GSA.  Success isn't always measured as directly as, "Today my site made $X and yesterday it made $Y.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited February 2013
    @Brandon true , but surely it's measured in increase in UVs?
  • $90/day on average? That's more than most marketers make, ever.

Would you care to share what kind of site this is?

• Sure... price comparison :)
  • Interesting.....do you have visitors leave reviews on your price comparison site?
  • No.. not yet anyway. Why do you ask? Good idea?
  • Because I have been promoting a similar site and I'm looking for a wp plugin for reviews. I'm sure it will increase commissions as social proof is a great incentive look at amazon
  • ronron SERLists.com

Be careful with that comment stuff. Don't take a successful business model and conduct a major experiment. Try doing that with another new site to gain experience to see what happens.

You end up diluting the %'s of your keywords on the page, and that can really hurt you.

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @spunko2010 - Some keywords are extremely valuable to me and generate 2-3 UV's a day.  Others don't make much but generate 20,000 UV's a day. There are so many different ways to earn money online there isn't really a way to measure except income over a predefined time frame or increase in ROI over a time frame.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @LeeG - Is this what the English papers said after the last Germany England worldcup soccer match?? ;-) 

And remember the saying "failure is the sign of someone that had the guts to try"

• @ron good point. Something to bear in mind
  • @Brandon "Some keywords are extremely valuable to me and generate 2-3 UV's a day.  Others don't make much but generate 20,000 UV's a day. There are so many different ways to earn money online there isn't really a way to measure except income over a predefined time frame or increase in ROI over a time frame."

good reminder