Skip to content

Re-Verify File For Project

I would like to know if I understand properly:

After SER finds a link and it fails re-verification test after being placed on the failed re-verification list, does the account info associated with those links disappear when the link is purged from that re-verification fail list?

As far as I understand, the answer is, no, the account  info is retained. Is this right??

I ask because...I wonder, if I take a copy of a  failed re-verify file from a project (from my backups) that is full of links (that had been purged) and replace the (now) empty re-verify fail list file for a project, after the links (on that list) have already been purged by failing re-test, then will any links that end up still alive (failed first re-test, removed, but now pasted back in via file replacement) have the account info still in GSA if I want to try re-posting on same sites?

Thanks.

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    I was thinking of a SER feature to (re-)re-test Re-verification fails x number of times over y span of time (set by user) before ultimate purge.

Why?  Sometimes they're still alive!

I see some of this can be done already with a batch file in DOS: You can set a backup of failed re-verifications to keep filling the re-verify fail list, and then manually re-check failed re-verifications (or set up automation to do this).

If you re-verify manually, this is OK, else you'd need to append the current re-verify fail file as SEER auto checks, instead of overwriting it.
    I hate wasting resources...and a live link that goes away just because it's sometimes down is sad.,.,.
    edited February 2019
    Where do these links go after this??  Do they go into the larger pool of failed links SER keeps??

Could each project have a "black hole file" to keep failed fails separated, so later, they can be re-fed into proper projects again and again??

Just wondering...

Again..if not, it seems you could easily have a batch file that keeps this (appended) BH file as well, just not part of a SER project file, tho it will periodically re-feed the SER project file...

So, even if this isn't ever needed and implemented, you can still do this right now.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    If a re-verification fails, it is removed and put to separate file per project (*.reverify_failed).
    The account is not removed from the project as SER might use it later on.
    You can try to check the links again in "show verified urls" dialog and re-import them to test.
    edited February 2019
    *.reverify_failed seems to get purged of any links that fail, when I

Show Verified links, and then Import Failed Re-Verification urls, and choose to get rid of the nonworking/timed out ones.

I checked out the file you speak of, Sven, and after the Import and then delete,  it was  empty after the test.

"You can try to check the links again in "show verified urls" dialog and re-import them to test." @Sven

After the first check for failed re-verifications, they're gone!!

The green ones remain in Verified list, but the ones I chose to not keep are not to be found! They didn't go back to the Failed ReVerification List.

(Those are the ones I want to re-re-test!)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well sorry, bu these urls what you say are not ok in gui are deleted. if you wish to keep them, you have to backup the files.
    "well sorry, bu these urls what you say are not ok in gui are deleted. if you wish to keep them, you have to backup the files."
    OK, that's fine. It seemed that they did get deleted, so I can do the batch file-feeder thing to repopulate failed re-verify file as above described to double and triple check (or infinitely check---but why??) them again.

I know I'm trying to squeeze every bit of efficiency out of my linking and use of SER. ;)

(Tho of course, getting to studying the engines would be most helpful, and I've only done so in a preliminary sort of way, so far. ALL this other stuff's peripheral...)

Thanks, Sven.