Skip to content

Best practices.. how not to get your IP / Proxies banned?

I think I just burned some public proxies..

Is there a rule of thumb on how to use proxies properly without getting banned from scraping / posting? 

Comments

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Start by ignoring LPM
    Go slow and alternate proxies.
    Best to scrape Bing as they are not so quick to ban as Google
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "Start by ignoring LPM"

Is it like when a guy at the gym asks what's your max?

...And then you lift really heavy weights and get an injury?  

I get that we are trying to be efficient, but I guess there's a limit to what can be done...
  • 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    Stormproxies has rotating proxies to scrape Google effeciently

Else use other search engines like Yahoo, Bing
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee
    edited February 2019
    "Stormproxies has rotating proxies to scrape Google effeciently"

Yes; love this reliable service!!!

Just be sure to scrape on ONLY the proper proxy gateway IP if you buy rotating proxies!~! 

The instructions are easy! Hard to fail with this...
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Deeeeeeee said:
    "Start by ignoring LPM"

Is it like when a guy at the gym asks what's your max?

...And then you lift really heavy weights and get an injury?  

I get that we are trying to be efficient, but I guess there's a limit to what can be done...

LoL, not sure about the gym thing but no. its more like the old bull story
    which goes like this:

An old bull and young bull were walking in the hills, when they reached top of a hill they looked down the hill and saw a bunch of really good looking cows at the bottom at the hill. 
    Young bull, really horny, looked at the old bull and say, come lets run down and F-ck one of those good looking cows. 

The old bull replied, no son, lets walk down and F_ck them all

=================

What i meant is dont try and get 10 shared proxies and then try and run at 600 threads.

Too many people are getting caught up in this LPM BS, which it why most people complain their rank is going down after awhile, reason is unnatural link growth which is easily detected by Google and other serps

My own gsa building links to my money site is running at only 50 threads, with pause filters set. for each day.

Dont get me wrong i know how to run at over 200 lpm, and i done tutorials explaining how, but if you are trying to build up a site for the long run then churn and burn or (hit and run as i call it),  approach is not appropriate.

Of-course there are times when churn and burn is in order, like links to affiliate products or social sites, but definitely not to money sites  

edited February 2019
    @royalmice: haha Very interesting response.  :)

"
    Of-course there are times when churn and burn is in order, like links to affiliate products or social sites, but definitely not to money sites"

I'm about to begin this, actually!!  :)

yeah...I'm feeling like I'm just now seeing how inadequately I'm actually applying the tools to find solutions.  :( B ut, at least there's a lot of room for improvement, which is always a fun process.

And, with GSA-SEO Indexer, I had the threads very high, but only a handful of working proxies. That would lower threads, no?

Because I started paying attention to proxies in this program again, this week, and the public list I ended up with, after checking, was 20,000, compared to my (lately) usual 200 or so.

I noticed the thread count was very high and I had to check the settings. (The threads were set high, but I haven't seen it actually use so many threads that high in ages)

Could this be attributable to lack of available proxies I've lately had??

Are these connections less of issue than for SER b/c it's not a lot of data?  Thanks...
  • What is LPM?
    edited February 2019
    It means Links Per Minute.  It's ONE measure of MANY of SER efficiency/productivity over a set slice of time.

if u look a the bottom pane on the GSA-SER main project screen, there is an area that reads:

LpM: 423 (or some other number -- of course, higher means more links over the same amount of time as, let's say, a lower value displayed here)

OR it may NOT be there:

It may instead show:

VpM
    DpM

Right click to change what's displayed.
  • I see..

I had people build links for me before. Seems like Google Webmaster recognize a lot of them, but then they started to drop.

My plan is to build 50-100 links per day and jump from my YouTube videos to my website.   I am not sure how much work would it be to rank the website, but I will keep linking it to my YouTube channel...   just adding more videos and adding more links to both website, YouTube as primary targets and then add more links and connect my social media profiles.

I don't think posting will get my proxies banned, but I worry about scraping because there will be some good scraping going on to find sites.

edited February 2019
    "My plan is to build 50-100 links per day and jump from my YouTube videos to my website. "

Sounds good.  I have made zero YouTube videos. 

I'm excited thinking about doing one soon. I've always wanted to do videos...

" I am not sure how much work would it be to rank the website"

Depends on competition of KWs you're competing for...

I like your plan. There are so many SEO strategies. I like trying to integrate new ideas. YouTube is something I've ignored way too long, and it's yet another channel to both bring clicks directly from YouTube and help with SEO overall.  :)

"I don't think posting will get my proxies banned, but I worry about scraping because there will be some good scraping going on to find sites."

Be sure to get proxies that allow scraping of search engines in their terms.