Skip to content

TheBestSpinner API error (No spin data added. (empty reply)

710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
Have been getting this error since yesterday. Working fine before, might just be something wrong with their API?

Comments

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited February 2019
    TBS recently started to blacklisted quite a number of tools - which integrate via their api
    I have not used GSA CG for very long time, but i know of at least one other content creator which are blocked by TBS.

It all depends whether the api is going via the Content Generator's own server first or directly  to TBS, if directly then there should be no issue.
  • 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    @royalmice thanks for the input. Tried it on my home computer and still can't spin. Getting this error

[14:03:00] Article 004 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: You need to authenticate before issuing any commands.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Hmm I don't know why they would block our tool specifically. We use the normal API, no affiliate code or id in there API.

Im wondering how they could block certain tools at all!?
    edited February 2019
    I download GSA Content Generator on my home PC to see if maybe it was my server

Still get the error. Seems to work fine at first then errors start

[16:43:10] Starting "Inserting Spin syntax"...
    [16:43:10] Article 001 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: No Spin data added. (unknown reply) - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 In...
    [16:43:21] Article 002 Uniqueness: 14
    [16:43:32] Article 003 Uniqueness: 14
    [16:43:43] Article 004 Uniqueness: 94
    [16:43:54] Article 005 Uniqueness: 19
    [16:44:05] Article 006 Uniqueness: 50
    [16:44:16] Article 007 Uniqueness: 14
    [16:44:28] Article 008 Uniqueness: 17
    [16:44:39] Article 009 Uniqueness: 83
    [16:44:44] Article 010 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: No Spin data added. (unknown reply) - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 In...
    [16:44:56] Article 011 Uniqueness: 82
    [16:45:08] Article 012 Uniqueness: 12
    [16:45:19] Article 013 Uniqueness: 14
    [16:45:30] Article 014 Uniqueness: 16
    [16:45:35] Article 015 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: No Spin data added. (unknown reply) - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 In...
    [16:45:46] Article 016 Uniqueness: 15
    [16:45:51] Article 017 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: No Spin data added. (unknown reply) - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>500 In...
    [16:46:50] Article 018 Spin-Error: The Best Spinner: No Spin data added. (empty reply)

I guess the spin that is added afterwards is from the internal spinner as you have enabled that as well?
    No internal spinner is disabled. Seems like only a few articles are spun before the API starts giving errors. Which is weird because in the Spinner Config dialogue it works fine when using the Test button
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Sven said:
    Hmm I don't know why they would block our tool specifically. We use the normal API, no affiliate code or id in there API.

Im wondering how they could block certain tools at all!?
    The dont block the tool specific, but rather the IP if it goes view a central server and not direct to TBS.

I am sending you a screenshot of my chat with Manuel from KM, yesterday, regarding this.
    Found the problem. Ended up exporting the articles and using the bulk spin tool in TBS.

Got an error about using the Everyones Favorite option. Switched to using Identify Synonyms and all is working now

You should try GSA Content Generator again also, because it seems TBS had an issue yesterday, but today I noticed the api is working again in Kontent Machine
    Thanked by 1710fla
    edited February 2019
    @royalmice yeah was working today for a bit but again same error.

Thinking of switching over to XSpinner

@sven I wish the internal spinner had  settings to choose max synonyms and quality level (good, better, best)

similar to TheBestSpinner settings in GSA Content Generator
    the internal spinner can not choose on that as it only knows:
    a) term
    b) list of synonyms for that term
  • Had the same problem with Kontent Machine. Support said they had to get in contact, apparently indeed TBS had changed/restricted their API.
    Maybe it's the time between two spin-requests that needs to be higher?
  • I don't know, but it would explain today's experience with Kontent Machine: 
    the API test now works, but when I choose to spin the database, it dies after about 20%. 
    Too much too fast would be an explanation for that - so you think they have intentionally throttled their API?
    Yes, I will change it for GSA Content Generator. By the way, you prefer Kontent Machine over ours? Anything we can improve?
  • I don't prefer Kontent Machine over GSA Content Generator, because I had purchased KM3 before I even knew there was a GSA Content Generator, so I never compared the two ;-) 
    And as I got a lifetime contract, I didn't feel the need for an additional product. I'm actually quite happy with it. The only thing that makes me think about getting your product, too, is the German language generation option. Might do a test after all...

Update on the TBS stuff. Just received a message from KM support it's fixed now, tried and it indeed does work now. 
  • SERPowerListsSERPowerLists SERPowerLists.com
    Why not to give a try on Spin rewriter. Used some year ago. BTW yes The best spinner having API issues from day before yesterday.
    @sven @SERPowerLists @royalmice emailed TBS two days ago and they said they're aware of the problems with their API and their program crashing.

Said they switched servers and should be fixed by this week
    @710fla

Actually it has been working fine for me with KM3 since last week and i see @wolfvanween confirmed a week ago already it is also working for him.