Skip to content

Test account data?

Guys, beginner question: 

I know I can verify whether my links appear and test proxies and emails, but can I check whether the accounts are in good standing order? I.e. is there a way to have GSA SER login and somehow tag those that fail?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2019
    I think maybe you go to project page, right click on sHow URLs, then Verified.

When verified page open, CTRL-A the ones you want to check, and then hit Verify button at bottom.

Does this verify that the LINK is there or the ACCOUNT still works?

:(  I don't know. I know Submitted links that are just mentions w/o true link cannot verify, so I guess SER is only checking presence of the link?

So this is probably what you mean when you say, " I can verify whether my links appear..." is that you do it this way.

You could collect the targets and try re-posting and anything that doesn't verify can be considered possibly dead, but if your other link is still up, probably a good chance that you should try repeatedly to post before scrapping it as a dead account.

Anyone have better ideas? This is interesting Question!

• I always assumed the verified button does the same thing that "re-verify" does as a project status. And of course I could repost, but the accounts are from different projects, so I would have to create new content and do this on a per-project basis, as not to spam the working accounts. 
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2019
    "the accounts are from different projects, so I would have to create new content and do this on a per-project basis, as not to spam the working accounts. "

Unless anyone knows of a different way, group the projects out topically and create content, or find cross-topic content (I know that can be hard/impossible with some combinations...hahah...won't even go there!)...then  this is  probably the easiest way to know what's up with the accounts that I can so far think of.

But I see what you mean: You have to have new content ready to even undertake a test like that, and that's not going to always be convenient.

Anyone (wiser)  know any other ways???

Thanked by 1recelinteractive
  • @Sven any idea how to find out whether accounts are alive or not without posting to them?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well, if you can re-verify the links, it should allow you to login.
  • Thanks, @Sven, I understand that's the only way. 

I'll add that as a feature request and explain there why it's a good idea.