Skip to content

Projects not starting

I just updated to the latest release (hadn't updated in a while) and now a lot of the projects won't start or stop.  Each project uses about 25% of cpu and the memory is over 1gb even though there are no threads running.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    could it be that your projects simply take up a lot memory (content imported with tools)?
  • It seems to be when I duplicate a project.  Running just one project and it can take 15 minutes before it will actually start using threads.
    threads on what? Maybe it's the search engine parsing? That has also a delay between each query to not get you banned.
  • I'm using global site list.  Just tested another one. Started it 20 minutes ago and it just says "Starting Project". This is the only project active. The cpu is at 25% and mem 650mb.
    hmm is there a lot of content like keywords, alot urls/article? serengines active?
  • There's a lot of urls, 150mb file or so.  Using %spinfile to select random line.
    so there you have your slow startup reason I guess ;/
  • Yes I just tested using a smaller file and it works fine.  I'll just split it up into more projects.  Thanks