Skip to content

Use keywords for tiers? yes or no?

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
edited February 2013 in Need Help
I have looked around but can't see much. What are the benefits and pitfalls of using the same keywords throughout your tiers? I don't usually do it as I wonder if it's going to look spammy, should I try it?  What do most do?

Comments

• If you're talking about using the kw's you're targeting, you're going to end up with your parasites outranking your money site.
  • the benefits are that your tiers become themed with that of the keywords your targeting for your money site. Generally it's more effective to use variations of your main kw for your lower tiers. simply go the Adwords kw tool, input your target kws and use all of them for your lower tiers.
  • It is totally ok with my experience, since I choose blog & image comment, forum profile, microblog, guestbook as my tier2 engines, select "use anchor text from verified url" without "use generic anchor text", about 30% of verfied links use the same anchor text as tier 1, others all generic however, it's not going to "too spammy" I guess. You should test it yourself.
  • Dunce, that's what I've been doing, setting it to 50% generic anchors on tier 2.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

I'm with @takeachance on this one. I kind of do both where I use the same keywords, but also use variations in the secondary anchor text field for either T1 or T2+.

What @vic_mackey said is also true, especially if you build really strong tiering underneath those web 2.0's. It happened to me where several T1's passed up my moneysite, and it has caused me to completely rewrite those parasites into real websites - PITA! Try rewriting your own website 2 or 3 times. Arrrgh! But it was only with high quality PR6+ engines. I don't think you need to worry about that with where we usually post. 

• @spunko2010 I don't use generic anchors at all, but still get 70% or so with generic ones in my tier2. Maybe you will get verified links more than 50% with your setting. What is the result?