Skip to content

url must contain () not filtering out sites

Hello sven,
Can you please tell me what masking to used to filter out GSA Website Contact from filtering out .gov and .edu site out from contact submission. I try tick the filter url must contain(!*gov*|!*.gov*|!*edu*|!*.edu*) and it is not working. Please confirm and update me.
Your urgent response will be highly appreciated

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    try this instead: !.gov !.edu
  • jamesdugujamesdugu USA
    edited July 2018
    Still not working( !.gov !.edu). Perhaps i did not make my question clear. I want to filter out .gov and .edu from the websites i send messages to.
    Please check and let me know.
    Waiting for your response

Thank you
  • looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    like this, its the middle section

• jamesdugujamesdugu USA
    edited July 2018
    Still NOT working. Try it yourself. It will still post to .gov or .edu site. Sven i am still waiting for your response

Thank you

Your screenshot seems to indicate that you are doing just "Check present websites" or identification only. 

The filters ONLY are going to fire on actually posting.  So when you choose send message, thats when they get filtered. 

• lol, did you not see " Ready contact form successfully found" are you a computer programmer at all?  Try creating the same scenario on your end there and see if it will not send to .gov and .edu
  • Hello sven,
    I need your response on this question . I need to know if it is me that did not get the logic or the software is not working as it should.

Thank you
    yes, thats the point, I did see " Ready contact form successfully found" that means you identified it. 

I did NOT see " Ready contact form successfully sent".  SENT being the keyword.  What I said was simple the filter fires on submission of the form, NOT on identification. 

So no Im not a computer programmer, I just read basic text and your said ready found not ready sent.  which means your screenshot did not give any relevant info on the filter since it hasn't yet had a chance to execute. 

So did you actually try and submit to one of the forms?  Because until you try to send you won't have any idea if the filter is going to work or not. 

At any rate you seem uninterested in any help but only in Svens answer without even testing it (that you showed) so Ill leave it to you and Sven.

• Hello sven,
    I need your response on this question . I need to know if it is me that did not get the logic or the software is not working as it should.

Thank you
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Should work in next update...the syntax "!.gov !.edu" is correct but was handled differently.
  • got it. Fixed in the new update

cheers  ;)