Skip to content

GSA Short life with Public proxies unless you invest each month :(

What's the point of a public proxy and a heavy push via the software for public proxy usage if they just dont work with the search engines after about 30-60 days I am now in the same boat just endless variations of the same result.

Sock errors
Proxy blocked
SockError: Network subsystem is unusable so on and so forth :(

it seems if you want to use GSA (which is very well priced I have to say) you then have to factor in

£20 for GSA Indexer (which is the cheapest out there
£40-80 for the PSR Upgrade ( then the monthly cost)
£20-£50 for Private proxies each month
£20-£50 for content/article spinner

So totaling any where from £100-£200 per month for the absolute bare minimum :(

I think GSA should come with a warning that software is very powerful for a limited amount of time unless you find an additions monthly fund of spare cash of approx £150

Sorry
Just very dissappointed with this current development and realisation

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry but I don't understand your critics really. All our tools come with a life time license and free updates. I can not beat that. The price is already low. Just compare it to a competitor (if there is actually one worth it).

Our tools are not for a subscription. That means you pay once and use it forever. Try to find that anywhere else nowadays.

Anyway, your proxy comment is also kind of irritating somehow. The proxies the software finds are public, sure. That requires you to regularly test them to see if they are still alive. You can not relay on them thinking they stay up forever. So of course you constantly need to run the scraper to find new proxies and test the present ones.

Your other costs are not really reflecting the usual SEO usage as well. With GSA Content Generator e.g. you have again a tool that get's you content and articles a lifetime for one fixed cost.
    An Indexer is also a fixed cost or you put tiers to the project that makes sure it is getting indexed.
    Thanked by 1CarlFox
  • You could always try SolidProxies.

No need to contact us at the end of every month to replace your burnt proxies, GSA SER will automatically contact us and receive a replacement proxy when it dies and NOT the end of the month because Sven believes in our system and coded it into his software.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited July 2018
    Hey Carl....I had to check in and say what's up...

"What's the point of a public proxy and a heavy push via the software for public proxy usage if they just dont work with the search engines after about 30-60 days" -Carl Fox

Thirty to sixty DAYS? You can refresh proxies every thirty to sixty MINUTES! :o

I think you should definitely check out the GSA SER manuals and insanely good posts on Sven's boards on how to use the included proxy scraper. ;)

Even with the built-in Proxy Scraper in SER, you can find incredible proxies. I think your expectation for proxy lifespan is exaggerated and unrealistic.  (It's OK, I think most of us think like this, that everything is going to work forever,  at some point; I for one know I did!)

If you can set SER to periodically scrape and test for new proxies, WHY NOT?!  You'll always have new proxies, and provided that you really focus down and check out all the sources that came with SER, you will have TONS!

It's all there for you!!! Updated all the time...

"because Sven believes in our system and coded it into his software."

It's actually pretty sick. I know about this b/c I asked about it a month or so ago and learned that SER has a feature that allows 100% automated proxy switching via SolidProxies.

Automation is always good. That is our future.