Skip to content

Some setup information got lost when SER updated to 12.85

I've lost my SERengines API key and main proxy setup (for which operation which proxies).
Nothing dramatic, but I thought I'd mention it.

Comments

• also Captcha service setup
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Im sorry but there was no changes made. I guess you installed to a different folder or alike. Or your harddisk run out of space and SER was unable to save config properly.
  • Nope, no change in installation dir. But I did indeed have a low hard disk space problem a couple of days ago. Thanks
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited July 2018
    "Nope, no change in installation dir. But I did indeed have a low hard disk space problem a couple of days ago. Thanks"

Not to re-direct the thread, but it seems these facts do that task for us! :D

I just wanted to say that if you run SER in any serious way, don't be stupid...like me. :p

I failed myself. I did not have disk images and backups at the ready. So even tho I had updated SER backups, it took a week to set it all back up again.

So, keep note of your system health. Watch your HD space!!! Monitor CPU usage and processes, as well as network traffic statistics. Do all routine maintenance.

Keep ALL SER backups. All projects. All settings. Your entire GSA Program folder; why not?!?!  An image of your active partition running SER. Please do not put this backup data on your C: drive or VPS running SER!  Kind of defeats the purpose. :|

**If not running on a VPS, have a SPARE SSD drive ready to go, just in case.

If you're on a VPS and have more than one set-up for different purposes besides SER, keep a mirror of the directories on a second, and maybe third server.

Redundancy is key.  Being prepared will make you happy later. :)
  • True dat. It wasn't so much of a hassle, but a good learning.