Skip to content

Feature Request: Remove Duplicate Domains Instead of URLs: Only if Different Platform

Hi I want to request a feature that I've been thinking about for some time. It is about expanding the feature:

Remove Duplicate Domains Instead of URLs:

With a Condition Such As:

Only if Same Platform

What this should do is to only remove duplicate domains if they are the same platform(example articles, wiki etc..)

However there should be a second tier condition to that:

Do Not Remove If The Platform is Blog Comments(or any platform that allows different URL placements).

So it Should look like

(tick) Remove Duplicate Domains Instead of URLs:

(tick) Remove Only if Same Platform

(tick) Do NOT Remove Duplicate Domains If The Platform is Blog Comments

It is logical to keep URLs from the same domain in case you're trying to post comments to multiple pages of that domain. But it doesn't really make sense to keep different URLs from the same domain if the platform is Article, Directory, Wiki etc.. where posting to those specific URLs directly isn't possible.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I understand the "Do Not Remove Duplicate Domains if The Platform is Blog Comments" but a little confused about the "only if same platform" option.

By default its checking each file and removing duplicates within that file unless you select "check files against each other when removing duplicates".

• Oh, well in that case it is already doing that by default. Removing duplicates within the file means it is removing them inside the platform file, so it is removing duplicates from each platform. I somehow missed that, sorry.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @spiritfly- Ha, no biggie. I need to write up some better documentation for Pi to explain all the features. :P