Skip to content

My Project Article Custom Image URL List has ? Between Entries

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
...and the images no longer seem to load.

This is in every single project I have.

As I recall, it was just a list with <cr> between entries. What could have happened??

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    Going thru and fixing manually. Do not want to use BulkFileEdit until I can be sure I didnt do this. (I've been going back to legacy V.19 a lot..but Im fairly sure the convention for listing the image URLs wouldn't ever change!)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    can you share the project backup? Have you manually edited that project file before?
    I can UL a project at some point.

Every single project that had articles and user supplied image URLs was affected.

I already changed the '?' back going thru the project lists in SER and fixing them in a text editor and then pasting back into the SER list.

Sven, I've manually edited the projects, but I always check article preview when adding new articles, tho haven't added any in weeks and weeks.  Last time I checked, all was OK.

So it's kind of recent.
    well the separator between image urls is some invisible character and editors might mix that up into a ? when they try to guess the encoding incorrectly.
    Hmm....The images always loaded in the past and the list was just one URL after another on a separate line, not like after when it was just a jumble with no carriage returns.

The images again display in Preview on SER, after doing a search-and-replace in Notepad++.

But the thing is, the images did work all this time. So I can't understand how they ALL changed to the question mark character at the same time, within the last month. :o
    This had to be a encoding problem when you manually edited it. what program did you use?
    The separator is 0xff in the prj file between the urls.
    Hmm...I did use SNR.exe, a freeware Search-and-replace utility, but not in recent months. I did run it on all .prj files, so.....

What separator did you find in my .prj file? I copied the URL list right from my browser window, initially. That worked for some time.

Then the question marks showed up.

After the ? characters,  to get rid of them,  I used /r in extended search and replace mode in NotePad++ to put carriage returns in. I believe that's what's in the file you received, Sven.  Does it look OK now??
    yes that file looked ok
    edited June 2018
    OK. Thank you. :)

I'll keep you updated if this happens again.