Skip to content

Download articles

Is it possible to use GSA CG as an article downloader? I just want to enter a list of URLS and grab the content, not spin it or anything like that. Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes thats possible. You just need to use the algorithm "Same Article" which will disable any modification. And you must make sure that a keyword is used in the project that is part of the article.
  • Alright thank you @Sven

Although I will say I did try the part with same article setting, but maybe my keyword was wrong.

If I could I would like to suggest the feature to be able to download articles just by adding a list of URL previously scraped, or even just make another software that is strictly an article downloader. I'm a huge fan of GSA products, and would certainly buy it.
  • edited June 2018
    actually it worked perfectly after I added the right keywords... and thinking about it, the keyword requirement is a good feature. The articles are 20X better than seo content machine's article downloader. They look much better with headings intact. SOLD
    thanks :) the problem with extracting articles without a keyword is, that it could then pick up the wrong content if there is more than one article. This way it extracts the stuff around a keyword and you should be fine.
  • After I thought about it, I came to that conclusion as well. This is why I always buy GSA if I can.
  • hi dude
    could u download the articles from your url lists?
    i need this too
    yes he was able to do so, if you need help @Lazmana, let me know.
  • ty Sven
    i need help about this question.

well what problem do you have now? If you configure a project, put in the right keywords (who should also be in the articles) and add all the urls as custom sources, it should work fine.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    "ty Sven
    i need help about this question."

Hey Lazmana, you need to explain what you mean.  :)   Not Sven, nor anyone else on here, can help you if you don't explain what the issue is. It's just impossible.

If you share it in the board,  other people struggling with the question may find an answer. :)
  • ok :D

when i tried to find articles, the program (i want to use it as a parser) try to find articles from selected search engines..

in my case,
    i want to give it a list of url
    and program download the articles, parse them and export (i will read them in PHP and write them to my database (with their original url))

i did not see the custom source section yet, but i will check it asap.
    edited June 2018
    if you edit a project you go to the sources-tab and there you have another tab called "custom sources". Thats where you will import the URLs.