Skip to content

ELI5; What are custom engines?

What are custom engines and how do they work?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    What's up, Declan?!!!!

GSA SER runs like this:

There are engines available to choose to post to. Forum, Directory, etc...

The Custom Engines are not part of SER and are instead third-party add-ons.

Each engine has a file that looks like this: engine.ini

So  these custom engines require you to drop a  few .ini files into the GSA directory. Then, they show up next time you run SER as checkbox(able) options.

There's also SEREngines.

That is different in that it can deal with more complex ways of knowing if a user is real. Some sites are looking at a lot more...SEREngines has a headless browser to actually generate authentic sessions.

As expected, this requires more files than just a new .ini

All that extra stuff happens in the background, altho the SEREngines can be heavy on your processor.
    Thanked by 1DeclanF
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Just to add to what @Deeeeeeee said, you can create your own custom engines if you learn the SER script language seen here: http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/script_manual and throughout the forum.

Thanked by 2DeclanF Deeeeeeee
    What's going on, s4nt0s? :)

Thanks for the link. I checked this out briefly in the past, but I have been wanting to take a nother look at it.
  • Check this page and u will understand what is custom engines

https://powerseoranker.com/gsa-ser-psr-engines/
    @Mashafeeqi: That's incredible! I knew something big was in the works... ;)

Everyone around here's been too quiet lately...all these new projects....wow....

It looks amazing...I know you updated and contributed engines in the past...

So I'm sure it will be functional...

I always like learning about new engines for SER.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited May 2018
    @Mashafeeqi nothing work on your website  ; )
  • @Deeeeeeee thanks for ur kind words , and by the way my target for the next month is at least 2000 contextual tier one engines with high pr and da and add more edu gov to get rank faster. Hope u wil like it
  • @Kaine i didnt understand what u meant by that .. is the site running slow ? Or is it showing error 404 .
    edited May 2018

" at least 2000 contextual tier one engines with high pr and da" @Mashafeeqi

Ur quite welcome. :) Just stating truth.  Are you serious?! 2000?!??!?!?! ?!?!???!?!?!

??!?!?!??!??!??!?!

• Yes am working on those dead engines or no engine mach or no form at all . I would love to see gsa ser filled with green extra submittion successful
  • I already made about 100 new engines but they just need some more test and extra enhancment
    also there are 300 video engine about to be release after the new gsa cb unoffical upgrades release in the next week probably