Skip to content

How to use %URL% Macro

I want to send a message like this for example

"Hello, you have this great resource page - %URL%.

Would you mind adding a link to my site?"

I want %URL% to be a page on the domain im contacting that i've previously scraped, how do I do this?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas

%targeturl%, %blogurl%, %blog_url%

This is replaced with the current URL the program is on.

Example: I clicked on a link from %source_url% and now I am on %targeturl%. Output: I clicked on http://www.gsa-onlione.de and now I am on http://www.gsa-online.de/contact.php.

This example uses the previous %source_url% macro as well to demonstrate what the content of the macros might be.

https://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/macro_guide

• asap1asap1 United States
    I don’t understand

I want to import a list of urls and when the software sends the message I want it to use the url I imported for the domain it’s sending a messing on

1. I import url google.com/bla-bla

2. the software opens url google.com/bla-bla and finds the contact forum on the website at google.com/contact

3. The software sends the following message on the contact forum it found on google.com/contact

”You have this great resource over at google.com/bla-bla

Can you add my website?”

Is this possible with the software? If so how do I do it.
    @Sven can you help me understand if what I want to do is possible with the software?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    When using %url% it will be the url scrapped, not the one with the contact-formula on it.
    @Sven

Ok, is there any way for me to accomplish what I’m trying to do?

i want to upload target urls, have the software find the contact form, and in the message include the target url for that domain.
    Sorry but thats already working as you want!?
    @Sven What macro do I use in the message?

Im trying to understand how to do what I asked above.
    And to be clear I’m not scraping urls with the software. I will import a list of urls I’ve already scraped and I want to include that url in the message.
    %url% is the macro you will use the will always use the original URL imported or the first URL found when scraping.
    edited April 2018
    @asap1: I got it. I misunderstood your question. Sorry, dude.  Not trying to add to the confusion!

Also why not:

"Hello, you have this great resource page on %blogurl%.

Would you mind adding a link to my site, %URL%?"

Am I still misunderstanding?? :p
    This is not about SER but GSA Website Contact where %blogurl% does not exists as macro ;)
    Sorry, Sven. :(

I've just had a lot on my mind lately.  Not reading carefully...not trying to confuse your users!