Skip to content

GSA Ser - Step by Step

Apart from @shaun 's excellent tutorials, are there other ser tutorials that walk you through the process of settings up a full campaign (tier 1 to tier 3)? Basically, a gsa ser for dummies guide.  I don't own the software yet but am looking to purchase it soon and knowing what I'll need in terms of resources (articles, titles, keywords, etc.) on a per project basis would be awesome.

Do you create a project per page of the site you're working on? Can you and do you group pages in a single project? How many articles and spins would you require for each page you try to rank?  I totally understand that these things can all be fluid, and that different people will use the application(s) in different ways.  However, we all need to start somewhere before we cultivate our own methods and I'm simply trying to find a resource that will give me the initial building blocks.

Appreciate any suggestions and feedback.

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited March 2018
    Do you create a project per page of the site you're working on?

Sometimes. It depends on if I need separate articles for each.

Also, if you break them down, you have more control over each page's campaign. (If u wanted to go crazy with "Etherium" but hold back on "Ripple", u can do that if the projects are separated.)

Let's say you want to hit the KW "bitcoin exchanges" on only the inner page 5 and the main. Then, your page on how to avoid having your dog eat your bitcoin mining rig is on page 4, you may not need those KWs on page 5.

If it's just anchors, I believe SER can accommodate you doing it in one project. (See ADD Anchors & Secondary Anchors per URL) on Project pane>>DATA>>URLs.

The more unique a spun article, the better. How many? That would depend upon the competitiveness of the KW, and your choice of technique. For a KW you make up, that there are zero competitors for, a couple of articles can do a lot. As the competitiveness rises, each article does less and less, on its own.

As for what to put on each Tier, ppl say don't be spammy and use SERE and contextuals ONLY on lniks to your money site. Anything past that, ppl say u can be less discerning.
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited March 2018
    "As for what to put on each Tier, ppl say don't be spammy and use SERE and contextuals ONLY on lniks to your money site. "

I NEED TO FOLLOW MY OWN ADVICE.  :|
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Thanks for the shout out dude :).

I havent had any serious projects going in SER since August last year if I remember correctly as pretty much everything I was trying was failing. Google have improved their setup massively in the past 18 months so I am pretty much going all in on a new white hat authority site as I am sick of getting slapped so much on the black hat side.
    Thanked by 1Deeeeeeee