Skip to content

Importing URLs to multiple projects calculation error

Hi,

When importing URLs to multiple projects, the 'suggested' amount to import per project is calculated incorrectly.
To clarify, this is done from right clicking a project -> Modify Project -> Import -> URLs -> From clipboard

For example, when importing 1 URL to 10 projects, the suggested amount per project is 0 URLs. I guess this is because it simply divides 1 by 10 and rounds to 0.

Another error occurs when importing a number of URLs which is not divisible by the amount of projects, it will round the number to import to a number which works, but the total amount imported would be less than the amount the user is trying to import.

An example would be importing 1000 URLs to 3 projects, the suggested amount would be 333 per project. So 1 URL would not be imported to any project, as far as I know.

Many thanks,
toasterman

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thanks, fixed for next update
  • Amazing, thanks Sven.
  • This bug seems to be back in recent versions.

Thanks,
    toasterman
    nothing has changed on this part since 2016 ... what exactly is not working for you as expected?

• Right clicking selected projects -> Modify Project -> Import -> URLs -> From clipboard

As shown in the screenshot above, it defaults to importing 1 URL per project, but there are only 2 projects, so 1 URL will be lost because there are 3 URLs being imported. It appears to be rounding down, but I believe it should always round up so we never lose any URLs. I think the correct default should be 2, so none will be lost.

Many thanks,
    toasterman
    till now i coded it to round always down...i don't know why but im sure i did it for some kind of reason.