Skip to content

How do the various Forum fields and settings work?

DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
edited January 2018 in Need Help
I've noticed that a lot of issues with banned proxies and e-mails have to do with posting to forums, specifically...

The only field I left as default was Forum Subject. Maybe that's the issue?

What other fields in the project data panel are used to create a forum post?

What about the Forum Comment? Is that used with the Forum Subject?

Checking, seems I must have disabled [ ] Forum Post as type of link to create (in at least the projects I've checked so far), so I guess I had just disabled this some time ago because of the reports of forum sppam.

Comments

• By posting to forums you have highest chance to blacklist your ips.
    There is a lot of honeypots on forums, take a look here https://stopforumspam.com/

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 2018
    Right now I want to just disable the engine, then, for any projects that still have them active.

Still, andrzejek, did u ever check out the settings I'm talking about? I don't have a clear idea about all this, either way.

I guess posting in a forum is difficult. If it's done topically, maybe that's better?

I don't use the generic text anywhere else. I don't know why I overlooked this. :*

Do you just suggest not bothering with forums, then?
  • SER is weak on all the popular forum platforms, beacuse there is Xrumer that was made specially to hit forums.

Xrumer is really old, and fast when it comes to forums. So a lot of people spammed a lot of forums, making them dead.

People started to make honeypots and a lot of hidden fields / javascript at registration pages. Also captchas on forums are really hard most of the time.

If Xrumer can register  / post to a forum, then -> that forum will be killed really fast, beacuse xrumer is mostly used in lower tiers, so once you make a list of forums where u can leave url <- you spam it a lot and u make it dead in no time...

From my experience:
    Forum subject is title and Forum Comment is the post content.

IF you want to hit forums, find some engines that are not public. I would not bother with forums at all (at least not with the big platforms like vbulletin).

Take a look at discuz.ini in your engines folder that i wrote some time ago.
    Thank you so much for the detailed response.

I'm just going to disable it, then, for now. I'll check out your engine file, discuz.ini.
    edited January 2018
    Hmm...Seems I disabled forums as a backlink type, already, on every project I've thus far checked.

SHOULD have taken notes on this. :/ EVERYTHING done should be documented in the Notes, else you'll be going in circles like me rn, ppl. lol

If I were to try posting on forums, any suggestions, anyone?

Also, why can't SER post like exrumor? In what ways is xrumor better?

I mean, SER engines seem to be able to do oodles of stuff, if they're programmatically set to do so in the .ini files. Is it that GSA didn't want that to be the focus of this tool for whatever reason?

In other words, it doesn't seem impossible to do all the things that the other program does, with GSA-SER.  I guess it's not worth it, as there's a;ready a good tool for that, and the engines would each then be more compex, without return for time in development?
  • Xrumor is a fancy name :D
    If you want my personal advice just forget about forums and keep doing what u doing...
  • Hey @Deeeeeeee!

I turned off forums as well. Because mostly forum answer with spinned text wont give you much value, only for tier-3 probably. You can use option 'enable custom mode' to pre-moderated comments before posting.

But its better to use tools like BuzzBundle and posting through it. 
    edited January 2018
    "Xrumor is a fancy name"

True. Could have been a comic book series.  No wait, I guess I'm thinking of X-men. lol Actually I like xrumor BETTER than X-men for comic. More mystique, more connotations of cool, fabled heroes. :p

I'm going to keep staying away from forum posts for now.

"You can use option 'enable custom mode' to pre-moderated comments before posting."

Hmm...That's a great idea! I can just use GSA-SER to find forums to post to, and then create some cool relevant content in real-time.

I guess to make it easier (and now the danger of bans starts again) the user could have a multi-buffer program to be able to paste in multiple cookie-cutter responses, maybe a palette of ten would be OK? For now, just an idea. If GSA blocks this for security reasons, u could have the responses on an open text editor page, or even loaded onto a server and so via your browser.

I seem to have gotten some reports about emails lately but I have not done any forum postings. I can't seem to find them right now, but could comments cause this as well?

In the end, I'm trying to find a way to add value with my comments and posts. :)

If I succeed in doing so, how is this spam?

I understand that this is not so easy to write one post across every type of board there is. That seems impossible. But insight and offering your own soul to help ppl via comments, forum posts, etc. is just a way of getting your ideas out there.

I reject the notion that such is spam!