Skip to content

Is subscribing to a indexer service at 40 a month worth it or basically 1000x better or required

Is subscribing to a indexer service at 40 a month worth it or basically 1000x better or required almost to do anything effective, im running the SER without this and im getting some links posted here and there but im wondering if i should just do the service and which one do you recommend?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited December 2017
    I would also very much like to know what's what with indexers, also.

I own a license for GSA-SEO Indexer, which is not the same exactly, as an indexer SERVICE. I haven't used it in a while.  I have been planning to set it up and run again soon, as I'm now focusing on making the most of my links.

Do Indexer services show the list of verified targets you've fed it, and whether they are indexed by big search engines? That would seem useful...

Any downside to indexers? Must drip-feed be enabled? Does a rush of 10,000 links, all at once, somehow cause damage?

I guess without indexers, it's more natural and the SE's will discover and crawl the links you've created at some point or other. But is there ANY benefit to doing this?
    Also, there are a bunch of different indexing services in a range of prices...check out the Options>>Indexing API list that scrolls down right in GAS-SER!
  • @BlackKnight - you'll almost certainly get more of your contextual links indexed if you use an indexer. I'm not sure which one to recommend for you though, I don't build many SER contextual links these days.

@Deeeeeeee - my answers to your questions, in order:

1. None that I'm aware of. You would need to check this with something like Scrapebox beforehand.

2. I doubt you need to drip-feed, but you probably want to test this yourself.

3. Here's something that @shaun wrote on the subject: http://shaunmarrs.com/myth-of-natural-indexing/
    @redrays: Thanks for @shaun's article. VERY interesting.

I wonder how the profile changed in the following weeks. did the rate go up from 2% to 5% to 20% over each week? That would be good to know.

"I hope this post helps clear up the issue of natural indexing for some readers as having only 2% of the links you build index is not going to help you with ranking your money sites in the slightest. " -From @shaun's article cited above...

I am well used to working hrd but if I've been doing 50 times the work I've needed to do...well, I wouldn't be shocked.

Now on to what to use to do this. A lot of choices out there.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    There have been a number of changes over the past few month and I haven't used SER or auto-generated content since around August if I remember rightly so I can't comment on how things are indexing these days.

I have been using a whole bunch of manual web 2.0s with human wrote content recently though and even they need to be submitted to google to get them in the index.
    @shaun: I just ran GSA-SI just now for the first time in a while.

I turned it back on via the main over-ride in the options panel. I did a run on some Tier 2 and 3s for a few sites, and then let Search Indexer work. I have it set on the '800' setting, I believe.

Do you think this might do anything helpful?

I hadn't used it in a bit, more because I was focusing on learning oter aspects of GSA-SER.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    edited December 2017
    If you mean by GSA SI you mean GSA SEO Indexer then I have never had much success from using it.