Skip to content

How threads work ?

Hi,

Dumb question,

If I have 100 threads working on SER, but I have 300 projects, how will the threads work ?

Will they round robin over ALL projects or will they pick only 100 of them ?

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited October 2017
    This is @Sven's program, and I'm no expert, but this is what I understand:

Thread Count = # of open connections

This means there can be 100 SIMULTANEOUS connections to different IPs, no matter what number of projects you have going at once.

If yo have 300 projects active, then the 100 threads will be used on those, cycling through all active.

If you have 50 active projects, then the 100 threads will be used on those fifty projects.

Etc..

You could also split your 300 projects into three groups you activate at three separate times, so there are more threads per project.  Is this preferable? I don't know.

Anyone can verify that this is the way it works?
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    If your projects have no daily posting limits then its probably better to use the scheduler as 300 projects with 100 threads is massively overkill. Although it depends on system specs, If each of the 300 projects are only making say 30 submissions per day there shouldn't be a problem.

I would still try the scheduler (the little down arrow near the start button) and have 10 projects active at a time for say 30 minutes. After 25 minutes, look at the active threads in the bottom left of the tool. If it is less than 100, try 15 projects active at once, if it is at 100 then try 8. Keep repeating until you have your max LPM for your rig.
  • lun4lun4 Birmingham
    shaun +1
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited October 2017
    I deactivated some projects and so I'm running fewer at a time.  Better results.  More submissions to varied engines per project. I'm keeping it this way.

It's logical.

If you have many projects active, each with many engines checked, unless you leave the program running all day, SER will not be able to iterate through all the choices on all the projects, as compared to, at it's extreme, one project with one engine and one keyword (If using GSA_SER KW scrape and submit feature).

Also, I have a better sense of what's going on. I can focus on each project, the log for it, and I can take notes on that specific, focused run of SER. Definitely good.