Skip to content

[Article] When SEO doesn't do it? - SEO Company CEO Contracts Murderers to Kill Competition, Client

SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
SEO Company CEO Contracts Murderers to Kill Competition, Client Exposes All

On April 25, 2017, Homeland Security Investigators conducted an undercover sting operation resulting in the arrest of David Phillips on the charge of contracting drug dealers to kill his business competitor. David Phillips currently resides in federal prison.

More here - https://medium.com/@theplasticsurgeon/david-phillips-nkp-murderer-66f19d89a341

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Wow that is insane! 
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    What?!

Now that's seriously the blackest of the blackhat methods.  :/

Sven, the link didn't work, so, of course, I thought you must've been joking.

A quick Google search revealed you were not. No way!!

Same story from different paper.

I have wondered about how far people will stoop to mess with their competition.

I guess the answer is the same now as when people were helping other people sell more fish and veggies in the marketplace square by whatever marketing means were then available. (Like yelling and more yelling, I guess? lol)
  • Wow.

I once got major neg SEO from hitting #1 for all SEO terms in my city. Wiped my site right out. I came back stronger but damn, it's tough to get back to #1. I should have changed domain but it's my brand.
    edited October 2017
    @Judderman:That sucks...I do believe you.

People do whatever to win. Since it was a local thing, it'd probably have also been best to watch your back IRL. But, you're still here, so I guess all was well and they kept it to the digital realm only...but you never can tell, as we see so plainly in the article.

I've had garbage thrown at my sites. Lots of "bad links".  Lots of simple messing with the "pie chart", too, with TONS and TONS of keyword anchors. Re-balance, then: cool, thanks "friend" lol

I've learned I have to watch this. :/
  • @Deeeeeeee haha, I actually went into some of the competitors' businesses a few years back as a prospective employee using a fake name and CV. Just to see what they do and how they operate.

They're pussies :) I don't want the SEO market any more, it's not worth all of the hassle it brings and I don't mean bad stuff, clients are assholes enough.
    edited October 2017
    "haha, I actually went into some of the competitors' businesses a few years back as a prospective employee using a fake name and CV. Just to see what they do and how they operate. " @JudderMan

Nice. lol  Old-school s ocial engineering. And, why not? Big companies do it all the time.

It would have been funnier if you'd have GOTTEN the job, and then stayed on. lol

Even funnier if you had gone in to the bosses and pointed out your company as chief competitor, and given all your key data over.   OK; that's likely too far. Just enough data to make them think they have some advantage, then. lol

You could've ended up as a VP or something! lol

"...clients are assholes enough." @JudderMan

Headaches are not fun. :(
  • @Deeeeeeee haha, definitely. I only wasted 70 minutes of my life, more than I wanted to, but that would have been hilarious if I dropped the bomb on them after being given the job. And just to be a total bitch, I got a parking ticket...for being 10 minutes late for my hr's parking ticket. Grrr.