Skip to content

Quick question!

After I have scraped a site-list using scrapebox, is it ok to just load the site-list straight into GSA`s Identified or Submitted folder and run from there without having GSA check to see if it can post to them? the problem is 

Regards
Martin

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    I would import from text file rather than push it to a folder. Not sure if the naming convention of the file has anything to do with how SER will try to pick the links up from a folder.
  • I am importing them from a text file into the GSA folder, because I am having a problems when I try to import them via  GSA`s Platform identifier.I will take a few screenshots to show yeh.

many thanks
    martin

• This is what happens when I try to import them via GSA`s platform identifier, Don`t understand as there are 5000 plus urls in the text file?
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Are you using identity and sort in or whatever the option is called so it puts it in the correct .txt file?
  • Don't understand! For example, after I have scraped articles in scrapebox using GSA foootprints and some keywords, I trim to root and remove duplicates then export as txt file and save it. 

I then goto GSA and go advanced. Tools  and upload the txt file into GSA identifier to see if it can post to them and I get the result you see in the screen shots I supplied?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    make sure the file is correctly encoded. Scrapebox likes to export in utf16 where this is kind of useless as urls can not have anything else than normal iso chars.
  • Hello Sven, how do I make sure the file is correctly encoded?
    load in notepad++ or PsPAD and change encoding there.
  • Hello Sven,

change encoding to what? 
  • Ok Sven,

I encoded the links into ANSI and its working now, Thanks Sven and Everyone else for your help.

Regards
    Martin
    can you however provide the original file in pm so I can add support for that as well? You imported that in options->advanced->tools->search... right?
  • Hello Sven,

yes after I scraped in scrapebox using GSA Footprints I did as you have specified above and that is where I had the problem, below is how I do it now. I don`t have the original file as I had already deleted Sven.

I Scraped scrapebox with the GSA Footprints and then loaded them into Notepadd++ clicked on encoding and convert to ANSI, then I went to GSA SER and Options - Advanced - Tools - Import URLs (Identify platform and sort in) from file and loaded the URLS in and it worked fine.

Many thanks
    Martin

next update will allow you to import those files without issues.
  • Thanks Sven, Much appreciated