Skip to content

cpu at 100% almost constantly

Hi Sven,

with a 4 core, 4gb ram, with just PI running the cpu is maxed out.

Tried 100 threads, reduced to 50 threads. 5 txt files loaded as test (total approx 600k url's) to identify platforms. The cpu usage remains above 98%

Please advise. Have tried limiting bandwidth as well, no effect.

Thanks
Navin

Comments

• 710fla710fla ★ #1 GSA SER VERIFIED LIST serpgrow.com
    Post a screenshot of your PI settings as well as your project settings so someone can help you better
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Have you tried running it without the extended engines selected? Running extended engines increase resource use by quite a bit. It's not using normal detection here, it uses regex and requires more resources.
  • @s4nt0s - That worked! Extended was gobbling all the resources. I just didn't realize until you pointed it out. Have it unticked and with 100 threads now its running just fine. Many thanks s4nt0s for resolving this!!
  • seodamageseodamage internetzzz
    edited July 2017
    s4nt0s how extended engines work? I mean doest it try'ing to put cms tails to domains? Or it just uses regular expressions as much as possible? I need only forums to be founded on my lists, but my vps resources is weak 2 virt xeon cores, 2 gb ram (all of this resources are dedicated to GSA PI only)

P.S. i remember some time ago on xrumer forum was topic about Increased cpu usage. Then it was solved i think that this is cloudflare resources can somehow use more cpu time when u have many of cf resources opened at the same time. Becose of recaptcha 2. Can u plz check this and solve? Some other seo soft has more cpu usage too, since this information vas revealed.

• VMartVMart Natural SEO
    navinb 
    R U using proxy? 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @seodamage - It uses regex and simple wildcard matching