Skip to content

External API - Verified URLs from file never stops

Hi,

When using the External API to collect verified URLs from a text file, it doesn't stop until the list is complete. It seems to be single threaded because it's only doing 1 URL every 3 to 5 seconds, and my list is over 40,000 URLs so this will take an extremely long time. When I set the project to inactive, nothing happens, also when I try to stop all projects with the main button, every project except this one stops, so the only way to stop the project, that I can think of, is either wait hours to days, or close the program.

Let me know if you need any further information, I would be happy to help.

Many thanks,

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next update will increase speed here and also let you abort things more quickly
  • Perfect, thanks Sven!
  • toasterman 

Hi 

Can you explain me which option are you talking about .. somthing new to me : / 

• @jimmymlm
    It just imports URLs from a text file to the verified URLs on the project, you can get it on the External API tab when editing the project.

@Sven
    I've been testing it for a while and the problem still exists. When stopping the project from either the right-click menu, or the main stop button on the program, the project never stops. It just keeps going and the only way to stop it is to close the program. I've tried multiple times and with multiple lists to check it wasn't just once.

The verifying is slightly faster, however not by that much, verifying a large list still takes a very long time. It still seems to be single threaded, I'm seeing it verify about 1 per second, so a big list could take hours.

Some other details which might help:
    The list is around 50,000 URLs
    Version 8.88

Many thanks,
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    version 8.88 ? Thats upper old?
  • edited May 2017
    @Sven,

Sorry, I mean 11.88, the version with the external api update.

Many thanks,
    toasterman
  • toasterman 

Still i don't have idea what its about. If possible a screenshot would be perfect. :)