Skip to content

URL Redirect stops creating links

For some odd reason URL Redirect app stops creating links.

Get to about ~100 and quits on me.

When this happens stop and quits do not work. I must force close the app.

I tried reinstalling the app with the same results.

Please help!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it quits with an error message?
  • No error message

What I mean by quits is, just stops doing anything.

Had it open for 1 day and hasn't submitted anymore links, queue doesn't grow

Pushed the quit button, had it open for another day, nothing happens
    So you expect SER or any other tool to send URLs to it so that it processes them and creates the links but nothing happens right?

Well check SER if it e.g. creates backlinks and has the option enabled to send things to it (in project + globally).
  • You may also check if your proxies are working as they should.
  • edited April 2017
    SER is sending links to Indexer and Redirect apps.

Redirect stuck on submitting 301s.

Redirect app has been open since the first message still waiting 127/738 links to process. Redirect also stopped accepting new URLs to queue.

This is not the first time facing this problem

Proxies are public and private and look good
    proxies are public and look ... oh well. Try pressing HELP->Create Bugreport so that I can see where it might be stuck.
  • No such button
    Im sorry, indeed there is no such button. I really thought I have added it already to latest build (in on next update).
  • When pressing stop the status says "waiting for threads to finish" and never stops.

Ok thanks i will wait for update

awesome support like always
  • Just to make sure it isn't a proxy problem you can try to lower the thread number and have a test round without proxies. If it works that way then you know what is the problem.
    Also if you have test proxies before submission enabled it could cause long delays and problems with crappy public proxies.
    oh and remove every link type filter you might have used. Just for testing...
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    I'm having the same problem where url redirect pro stops creating new links. I have 2 installs running on different pcs. I have restarted the software twice so far today. The most links it managed to process was just under 200 before it stopped. I had to end task to close it.

I am not seeing any help button on the software to generate a bug report. V1.72. No error messages. Using shared private proxies. I also have ser and seo indexer running on the same machines with the same proxies. Those tools are both running perfectly.
    we are in contact by email. So lets solve it their...I need details and will report back here once we find out what it was.
  • KBWSEOKBWSEO NYC
    edited July 2017
    You don't really have to use proxies, I don't and get over 100,000 links, but of course I add my own redirects as well. Your proxies may be the issue.  Did you ever use proxies manually posting edu redirects? NO! Its the same thing but automated and a much larger amount. 

You're not making accounts on a site with an admin and posting remember
    you're just redirecting like this manual redirect
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/nwsexit.php?url=https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M3OATLA