Skip to content

Question about link juice/penalty

I have an old domain which was penalized in google, now instead of 301 > new site.
Would the link juice get passed if I added a sidebar link > new site?

Rather than a 301 passing the penalty, would a backlink to new site have any affect?

Comments

• vignesh676vignesh676 Mumbai,India
    If domain is still penalized than any link from that domain most probably google will ignore.
  • Shouldn't links at all to the new domain.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    301s dont pass the penalty in my experience. Or at least, rarely.
  • @spunko2010 really? I thought it passed the penalty to new site.
    Domain level? Page level?

I'm sure I tried a double 301 and it passed the full penalty and the new one didn't get indexed at all.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Depends on the penalty, if it's manual then it does pass, if it's just algorithmic then I have never known it to pass.
  • edited March 2017
    Do i determine that via WMT? Cause I don't have sites in there at the moment.

I've just let a $200/day domain expire because the niches went from #1 > 41

Not penalized or de-indexed, just bounced back, should I get it back and 301?

I'm still in grace period, should I buy it again and 301... domain > new domain or page > new page
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    Letting a domain that was making $60k+ / year expire to save $10 seems incredibly short sighted to me.
  • Well I didn't see a way back from it till now @redrays
  • I left it for a couple of months and nothing improved/changed, it's like my rankings started from 40 onwards
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @Anth20 - it may never come back, and it may never make another dime, but isn't it worth paying $10 / yr for a couple years to find out? :)
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited March 2017
    @Anth20 just test to change title, meta, <h*> on your website and submit again for see.
  • Yeah of course, what do you think the best way to do it is?
    old domain > new domain
    all old pages > new pages, new content, same niches
    all old pages > new pages, same content, same niches

@Kaine do you mean keep all the same content, just change header tags, meta's & titles?
    Submit again? Do you mean in WMT.
    Thanks
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Yes that i says, if that not do difference, change content or 301. If you're afraid to do a 301 on a new domain, you can also do it to a web 2.0 ...
  • Ok, theres over 50k words across this domain and it's niches, So I'll try title's + meta and then if not try 301, thanks @kaine