Skip to content

Editing the engine .ini files

redalertredalert United Kingdom
After posting I noticed that GSR could not find my article/link when verifying the links it submitted. After a little research, I realized that it wasn't search for the correct url path or to ve more precise, not searching all the possible url paths.

I see that in *myEngine.ini file I have a line verify url= containing the url path where it should search for the submitted article and I added two more variations separated by a pipe line.

Now I would like to know:
1. If that was proper way to solve my problem.
2. Should I restart GSR for the modifications to be applied?
3. How can I tell GSR to re-verify all the links he previously verified?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    1st it would be nice if you can get me the data of the changes you made so I might be able to update this for all users
    2nd a change to engine files requires a press on START/STOP button.
  • redalertredalert United Kingdom
    Ok,

This is what I have added: verify url=/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=%user_id%|/component/k2/itemlist/user/%user_id%|/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/user/%user_id%

After using this option it will check all those 3 variations?

And how can I re-verify all the links it missed?
    no, this is not going to work here. The "verify url" can only have one url or a variable that is filled.
    Can you share a real site where SER was not able to pick up the correct link? You need to script that differently and I think it's a bit too complicated to describe this here.

The reason why you can not use different variations here is because an URL might be live a lot later from the time where you submitted it. Thats why you can only store one of it to be checked. However in this case it's instantly approved and you can scipt it with variables that perform the checking of all veriations.
    edited March 2017
    I will provide a live example if I find a way to make SER re-verify all the submitted urls because there is no way to see what SER actually verifies other than the live log. While it was verifying for the submitted urls I have picked up some of them (by double-clicking the logs) and saw that there was nothing on that url path. I tried to change the path as described above using those 2 variations and the same user id and managed to see that the article was indeed there and SER was labeling them as not found.

I didn't completely understand the logic behind not allowing to verify different url path variations. So what if the url might be live later from the time it was submitted? If the article might be at different locations and you don't know for sure you should check them all to see if it's there. Don't get me wrong here, maybe my misunderstanding is because of the language barrier.

Bottomline, I would really like to know how to re-verify the submitted links and how to teach SER to check multiple variations of the same url. I can learn anything :)
    Well lets do this teaching once you have a live sample URL we can debug this on.
    For example, SER was checking this link: http://dermalive.org/?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=464236 and said it was "not succesfull" while the post was here: http://dermalive.org/component/k2/itemlist/user/464236
    do you also have account data that i can use quickly?
    PM'd you already
    got it but didn't had time for it today. I will try to get this done tomorrow sorry.
    any updates?