Skip to content

%keyword% macro issue

edited March 2017 in Need Help
Hello, a bit confused at how SER macro works. This is my setup and the test result is obvious not that I wanted to be. What is wrong there? K0

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I think, thats just for the preview/test...it will work fine on submission. though something i will look into for preview.
    just saw it and it will be fixed in next update...though just a preview issue...all fine when really submitting.
  • btw can SER post a link instead of one random %keyword% and not to add one additionaly? I can't see this option on "How to link" section. It would be much better than use just a random additional location within an article I think.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Can you give a sample?
  • say we use "Just a link at a random location" option, then SER adds a link to an article. Can it instead use already presented random %keyword% macro in the article to change it for a link.

Example: My site is all about %keyword% and %keyword%

Keywords: keyword1, keyword2

How to link: Just a link at a random location

Output: My site keyword1 is all about keyword1 and keyword2

or

keyword2 My site is all about keyword1 and keyword2 etc.

Desirable output: My site is all about keyword1 and keyword2  or "My site is all about keyword1 and keyword2"
    SER will always try to find the anchor in the article and create a link naturally. So instead of concentrating on the "keyword" you might want to focus on "anchor text".
  • Maybe Preview option in this case doesn't work properly too because It doesn't find presented anchor. In the example above %keyword% macro works as an anchor text but SER posting a link in a different place as though it can't see that an anchor text is already presented in the article.
  • I guess it's preview option that confuses me. When I use Test function it's all working fine except for %keyword<number>% macro
    well keywords are not anchors...and if you use %keywordX% then it doesn't mean SER will choose that keyword when creating a link...it might have chones keywordY instead.
  • Hello Sven,

I'm afraid that %keyword<number>% and %anchor_text<number>% macros don't work in preview all right. Preview page just show %keyword1% or %anchor_text1% if I put "1" as a "<number>".

Could you please fix it?
    naw sorry that would cause too much hassle...this is a macro not used that much and I can not simulate it that well in preview mode.
  • In submissions %anchor_text<number>% macro doesn't seem to work either

So what do I put in Anchors Text window to make it work in live submissions. I've tried {Anchor1|Anchor2|Anchor3} and Anchor1,Anchor2,Anchor3.

In any case SER puts it randomly if I use %anchor_text<number>% macro in an article.

It seems for SER %anchor_text<number>% equals to %random_anchor_text%

that %anchor_textX% macro was usually meant for the urls where you have an anchor added as well...however i will also support this macro for the case you have just added anchors and urls seperately and want to choose X'th anchor from the list.
  • Sorry, I'm nor really following.

I use just one URL in this case and several Anchor Texts. You mean you'll make some changes to make it work or what?
    yes I will.

that mentioned macro was only meant to work when you use URL syntax:

url1#anchor1 <<%anchor1%
    url2#anchor2 <<%anchor2%

however it will work on next update even if you just use plain URLs and anchor texts.
  • Thank you Sven