Skip to content

GSA stops automatically after checking for new proxies

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hello,
I noticed that my GSA stops automatically after checking for new proxies,
actually the software seems not "stopped" as I see the red icon "stop" on the top right, and not the green icon "start"
so GSA should be running, but as a matter of fact it is not

this is what I see in the log screen
imageimage

GSA start searching and testng new proxies, it goes on for hours... it is normal?
and after that it just stops there,
I have to manually shut down the software and run it again to get it working again

this happens each and every day since I started using public proxies (while I was using private proxies
everything was just fine, as GSA didin't have to search and test for new proxies)

plese help!

Nic

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well that screen just shows proxy usage. When is your project stopping?
  • I have noticed this as well.  The only way I can shut down SER than is to do Task manager and shut it down than I lose all the data that has just happened for the past 3-4 hours.

Not exactly sure how to reproduce it cause it only happens when i'm sleeping and I wake up in the AM and my SER is frozen exactly like this.

I don't use public proxies unless my proxy list gets below 15.    So maybe it had gotten below 15 and started searching for public ones than it freezes up.

>I have noticed this as well. The only way I can shut down SER than is to do Task manager and shut it down than I lose all the data that has just happened for the past 3-4 hours.

Common, thats not true. The project data is saved every 5 minutes! You would only lose data not saved during that time

>I don't use public proxies unless my proxy list gets below 15. So maybe it had gotten below 15 and started searching for public ones than it freezes up.

Try to reproduce this while searching/testing manually for proxies?

• Hello Sven,
    what kind of other info do you need in order to check this out?

in GSA log i don't see anything else than the screenshot posted above, this issue is happening each time GSA start looking for new public proxies.

cheers,
    Nic
  • @oloccina, is better to use a private proxy instead of public proxies. You'll know GSA SER running at the max potential when you using a private proxy... ( note: a dedicated proxy is better. but much expensive...)

Try buyproxies.org they are cheap but the proxy is a good quality proxy.

Sorry i can't answer about public proxy setting... but @sven is very helpful...
    @oloccina what is your current memory usage? Maybe the program finds so many proxies that is too much for testing/adding?