Skip to content

Projects and GSA Stop on their own after a few hours

Hi,

I notice that I have a couple of projects running currently and after a few hours GSA stops and the projects just stop running with the message "Project Stopped" and all is at a stand still. I then press the stop button and then start and it all starts back up again.

Any ideas what that is?

Here is a screenshot: http://prntscr.com/dtlksr 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I guess the reason for this stop might be proxies not working? I don't know. Check that settings or at least scroll up in the log and see why the project stopped (should be in it).
  • Hi Sven,

I checked the proxies and they are working okay. I also checked the log but don't see anything

• I'd have the same. 
    It's mostly when I use the sheduler with the thread limitation (hourly).
    When I start the project, nothing is stated regarding the proxies.
    i need the project backup then to debug this.
  • @monitorr in your ser advanced options do you have this ticked?

http://puu.sh/thtTF/b0ded2cc06.png
  • @Sven How do I upload the prject to you? I don't see the upload button anywhere?

@Anth20 yes it was ticked and I have unticked it. Do you think this is the problem?
    @monitorr just upload on some free hoster like rghost.net
  • @monitorr yeah probably explains it, see what sven says about the project etc.
  • @Sven I have uploaded the file here http://rgho.st/8NQ9M5qfJ

I tried what Anth20 by unclicking stop and start projects on connection problems but it hasn't made a difference. I can say I don't have any connection problems that I can find also, so it must be something else.
    i was running the 3 projects for a longer time now without any problems. Whats the memory usage on your end?
  • Memory is on about 450MB so not much. It normally happens after a while. Sometimes overnight or maybe up to 5 or 6 hours..
    ok but please bare with me but I can not run your project for such a long time. 450MB is ok.
  • Sure no probs at all,

I have just reset my projects about 2 hours ago and already you can see from the screenshot that the Tier 1 at the top has gone white instead of green and has stopped.

• I just set it to inactive and then back to active and it has started with green bar again.
  • Actually, now you have showed that SS, this happened to me a couple of times a few days ago. Hasn't happened since. But I would leave it, come back and they would be white and stopped which is weird. Hope you get it sorted.
  • redraysredrays Las Vegas
    Yup, just wanted to chime in and say I've seen this happen as well here and there.
  • @Sven is there any update on this as yet?
    No update sorry. I don't have anything to debug really. Any project backup where it would take not 5-6 hours till this appearsd would b nice.
  • @Sven Okay well here is a screenshot that I took this morning where it was working perfectly last night: http://prntscr.com/dv2f50

This is quite strange. Do you have a guess as to what it could be? 
    I have no idea for now, sorry. I also don't want to ruin your project when I run your sent backup here locally building links for you. I will however closely review any changed I have made.
    Any idea since what version you see this happening?
  • Well These particular projects have noticed since the last version 11.49 but as some of the others are saying I notice that occasionally the projects turn white and stop whilst others are still running.

In which case I would say this has been happening since August last year.
    wow thats a lot. You should have notify me much earlier. It's hard now to review all the code changes done since than.
  • @Sven I just set up GSA on a brand new server and two brand new projects that I only started 2 days ago and already they just stop on their own. Here is screenshot: http://prntscr.com/e1tqrb

There must be some reason because it only seems to be when I am using projects with this niche, the other server I have, it does not happen.

Could it be a setting within the projects?
    Hard to say, but if there is something wrong with the projects, then maybe some macro you use which is recursive. Is that a 32bit system?
  • no it is a 64bit.....
  • edited February 2017
    I didn't run GSA for couple of months and decided to run some campaigns
    Have 20 projects created and they all stop after maybe 1-2 hours
    The threads just go down till the reach 0
    I tried with 10 threads
    Tried with 800

When there's more threads they seem to run longer
    Contacted Solid Seo VPS hosting company
    Contacted Blazing Proxies
    But the proxy guy said that after recent updates the same happens to him
    I sitting last 2 days trying to tweak the settings asking all my friends for help but this might be really something with the GSA SER itself.
    Sven what do you recon?
  • This happens to me when I use tons of threads and have high usage of memory / CPU. My solution is either to check in on the server every X hours and restart everything or run with less threads.
  • @jobo9968 Ahh, well I have just recently changed to Solid SEO VPS as well and have only just noticed this problem since the change over.

Maybe it has something to do with the Solid VPS Config or IP change over.
  • jobo9968 @monitorr

Guys it make no sense what you both are saying, 90% of people here on Gsa forum are our clients it would have been all over the place if we has anything to do with it

Is it possible you both are using the same exact sitelist for example? did you guys checked almost every factor Gsa ser use to run smoothly?

If you are getting high CPU or out of memory issue on 2-3 project that might be a vps issue or a node issue, but your issue here is really has nothing to do with it, it would be very easy for us to fix any issue if its from our end but this is not one of ours
  • Everybody blames the other party, but the fact is the tool is acting up. Big time.
    I hit start and this will run like a crazy for couple of minutes, then slowly all the threads are running down.
    Then I press stop and start again and it runs like a crazy again.
    Never had such a problem running it. 
    So where's my solution for this? 
    How can I make it work?

50 private proxies
    1linklists
    captcha breaker
    1 captchas
    looking into the settings for last 2 days and can't see the issue myslef