Skip to content

Blog Comments & Verified Links

Does GSA consider blog comments that are pending approval to be verified links?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no, it will only put links to "verified" if it can see the link live on a page without cookies used (not logged in).
  • GSA doesn,t work. Not that was normally. I do the same that One Monty ago, bus it,s impossible. I,m not the only One. Who have to Repair it? 2 months with the software and doesn,t work!!!
    @joaquinrios I guess you also wrote an email to me. I am not aware that this software is not working. And especially not for 2 month. Thats just not true. It would help if you would provide details to your problem rather than posting wild on the forum.
  • @sven My tests are showing many false positives. The majority of blog comment sites that come back verified require admin approval. GSA appears to be counting links on sites that are awaiting moderation as verified.
    hard to belief as SER takes new links only as verified if it can see it without cookies. That will not happen if you post and reload the page without cookies.
  • @sven If you would like I can send you the cvs of verified urls exported from GSA. It's a small list of less than 1,000 urls and all sites are blog comments.
    but why you say it's a false positive detection? The admin could as well have removed the link shortly after?
  • I went to several of the pages and tested it manually. All the low OBL sites that came back verified all require admin approval.
    you checked 1000 links manually? Well ok send it over... or better the project backup itself.
  • edited October 2016
    No, I checked several of the low OBL dofollow sites that came back verified. Let me grab it off the server and I'll send it over.
  • beastmodebeastmode NYC
    edited October 2016
    That is weird you say that, I go for low OBL comments and Guest books and I see my links on the page. I always click a link as soon as it is verified to check not every link of course but the ones I click are always posted

I can see you saying this about Scrapebox but SER has a high success rate.
    The "problem" with @MassMedia's verified links have been analyzed and it was the URL itself which was the root-URL of a known web2.0 site. What happened was that SER saw this site being linked already on those websites and just picked them up as a linking page and added it to verified.
    Thats of course not what he expected and thought that there must be some comment-link then or it's a bug.

Well turned out to be a misunderstanding.

For all who use the same procedure for testing or gathering "auto approve sites", make sure you do:
    a) enable "exact verification"
    b) use some unique link or at least some deep link from a web2.0 site.
  • @sven Thanks for taking the time to help me resolve this issue, greatly appreciated.