Skip to content

Serengines 2.0 should be stable now (still testing)

steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
Sven

Does this mean it is finally being updated?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    well I told you that James and I working on this all the weeks.
  • News to me, I haven't seen or heard anything. If you have taken over the 'communication' side of things, then I'll buy it again. I quit a long time ago as it just felt like it was a dying service/tool. 

Make an announcement when it's complete and I'll rebuy it.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @JudderMan - I will be helping him with support this time. Hopefully it will be ready pretty soon :)
  • I was never a customer, but I've read through the old sales thread and have heard all the complaints. Did the developer provide refunds for people who were charged while the service wasn't working, which seems to be 8+ months? It would be pretty disappointing if he did not.
  • Is this an update that includes javascript parsing? If so, will it be accessible via the script engine?
    edited September 2016
    cherub - Basically, a special .dll with headless browser was added to SER which will allow javascript parsing and should definitely make a big difference from the previous version. 
  • @redrays doesn't matter now that Santos is on the case :) 

@s4nt0s awesome news buddy, definitely be buying it. 
  • Sounds good, I already use PhantomJS. Will the headless browser dll be available to SER by default or only for SERengines 2.0 users?
  • can we have some more info on this? what platforms will be supported? 
    @kijix84 - They're still ironing out some things, no info to give on platforms yet.
  • @s4nt0s count me in! Do you have an ETA on this?
  • Can Count me in as well. :)
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    I'm also interested in this, let us know when ready
  • can these 2.0 sites be used as tier 1

• @echanney - of course they can.
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    edited September 2016
    So what's the release date. I plan to subscribe to RankerX but if this is going to be ready soon I would rather subscribe to SerEngines.
  • update please?

• @miren - "So what's the release date. I plan to subscribe to RankerX but if this is going to be ready soon I would rather subscribe to SerEngines."

Exactly.The hype is real.Please make it good.We really need this.Make it GSA Ser good,so we can tweak and tune and full control all the important stuff.I know that you are working on it 100% and you know all of this already,just wanted to remind you once more :)

edited September 2016
    Testing was supposed to start today, but last night they found another issue which they're working on fixing. It shouldn't be long before its out but I don't have an exact date to give. :/ 
  • Thanks @s4nt0s . Can't wait. When you say 'testing' that does not mean a release date, right? So there will be a testing period to wait through as well? Just trying to gauge how much longer I have to suffer through my FCS subscription...
    From what James told me is he wants to do a test run with Wordpress to let the testers hit that and see what bugs come up. If none pop up, he'll release another batch of web 2.0's a few days later.

The Wordpress testing was supposed to start Monday, but that night he ran into a bug which caused crashing after the first run so that's what's being worked on right now. Hopefully next SER update will have this taken care of so we can start testing. That's why we don't have an exact release/test date because it just depends on what bugs pop up during the testing. We're definitely very close though.

• steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/profile/2/s4nt0s

Seeing a lot of updates....I try them each time i see a new update...none working yet...looks like we are getting close :)
  • How's this going?  Any type of update? :)
    @Hunar - It's getting there. He's been pushing updates to try and find the cause of the crash. He gets error logs when crashes occur so he's been trying new versions on the test server. 

I've created a lot of blogs with it while testing on my side, but the crash still does randomly occur so that's the only thing holding us up from moving forward. He is working hard on it and trying new versions all the time. 

Hope he can get it figured out real soon. I'm ready to build some big web 2.0 networks with this thing :P
  • Awesome, Cannot wait. :)  Thanks for the Update.