Skip to content

Router is the problem?

So when i am adding a massive number of sites to GSA without fail my internet access is  stopped.  I have to go back in to the router settings. Save the settings  and  it is restored. What can i do to stop this problem?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    "without fail my internet access is  stopped" sorry, but this makes no sense. Can you explain a bit more?
    However there are known problems with low cost routers who can not handle a big amount of open ports and a lot traffic. They would slow down everything and browsing the internet is causing issues as well then.

• What i am saying   each time i used the built  in feature to add sites, my internet connection goes down I have to go into the router settings and reset my router to restore  the internet connection. I am not sure what is the problem
    I don't know either...what router in detail do you have?
  • Just to be clear. No problem  with GSA  a s far as  link  production. This problem of  my internet connection (which is wireless) being  blocked only occurs  when i add sites using the GSA  tool. . Now as I stated earlier resetting the  router  which  is a  linksys is what i have to do to reconnect  to the internet . Maybe what is causing the problem is the number of threads I am using? 
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    Try disabling any onboard firewalls, and QOS you have enabled. Also, add the machine your using to the list of approved / reserved devices.

It sounds like the massive number of connections hitting the router are causing it to temporarily block your rig.

Look up "Control panel for linksys router", and you will find instructions on logging into the router and changing these settings (If your unfamiliar with the process.)

Regards,

-Jordan
  • DandilDandil London
    edited March 2020
    Check your router, I've seen something like this when a friend of mine bought a brand new Netgear router, and he had to mount it in his new apartment, but it took him too much time as he did not know what he should do. As far as I know, he faced some issues with the DNS server and this stopped his internet traffic, more than that he got disconnected for a couple of times. Both of us were searching for a solution for this issue and the best we could find was an article about What Is A DNS Server. To cut it short, we were able to solve this issue and to fix it easily, if there are other people that are facing the same issue, you know what can help you now
  • Dandil said:
    Check your router, I've seen something like this when a friend of mine bought a brand new Netgear router, and he had to mount it in his new apartment, but it took him too much time as he did not know what he should do. As far as I know, he faced some issues with the DNS server and this stopped his internet traffic, more than that he got disconnected for a couple of times. Both of us were searching for a solution for this issue and the best we could find was an article about What Is A DNS Server. To cut it short, we were able to solve this issue and to fix it easily, if there are other people that are facing the same issue, you know what can help you now

Thx for the answer dude, I will look forward to it...

• I have a lovely fiber optics internet with a crappy router that freezes when I throw more than 50 threads at it. Don't expect much more from yours either. Routers are the main reason you need to rent a VPS.
    Wise words! It's indeed important to have a good router...it makes such a difference. I for myself only buy AVM products when it comes to routers.

Not only do they update there products (even for older models), but they also offer great support once it would fail as happened for me when a lightning hit the house and destroyed it. We got a new free copy without asking for anything.

Though Im sure there are a lot other vendors offering great product. But not all big names offer high quality. There a low cost products not worth a cent.
  • Do you have a particular model that you are fond of Sven? I'm pondering investing in one preferably for fiber optics connections.
    Choosing the latest model is never a bad option.