Skip to content

Minor Bug - Order

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Bugs
For lower down tiered projects, the projects are not getting ordered alphabetically.

Everything is the same. For higher up projects it lists "Primary" before "Secondary" (Notice T0 Projects)  but on a lower tier (e.g. T1's) it's reversing the order. 

See attached:

A minor bug, just wanted to raise it. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    will be fixed
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Another one that I have at the moment is:

1) If I copy the .prj of the tiered project. I.e. copy the T1 primary above .prf file. 
    2) I then copy it and call it "T1-Primary-Images" and then place into SER folder, SER picks up the project. 
    All good so far...

Let's say I do this for 30 projects. I just copy 30 prj files, then duplicate and rename and then copy to SER folder. It recognises all and they work fine. They are also in the correct sub projects. I.e. they are T1's of correct T0's.

BUT BUT BUT
    If you edit 1 of them (like to change generic anchor %) WITHIN GSA SER, it loses the hierarchy of all 30 files. So now they all become sub projects of 1 project. You then have to manually in GSA SER reallocate their tier project. Happened with over 60 projects for me. 

Is it something I am doing wrong?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

can't reproduce this (thugh hard to follow your structure).

What happens if you restart the program after the bug appears?

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - basically it's not saving the structure, or structure is getting overwritten.

1) copy relevant Tier 1 prj files.
    2) rename copies to "Secondary"
    3) Upload to projects folder.
    4) Open GSA SER, and project are all there in order and with data.
    5) Backup All
    6) Then select all secondary T1 (new ones created) and set submissions to 100.
    7) Then go into one or two and change generic percent from 10% to 20%.
    BAM - all these new "Secondary T1's" end up together and structure is lost.

Then I have to manually go into each one in SER Gui, and select parent T0 again. 

I think that about covers it.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - I think the alphabetical order is still not applying on lower tiers or sub groups. You have VPS login details in PM if you need to check.