Skip to content

Use custom scripts in PR Emulator

I urgently need to have an option to filter PR with custom formula which is used to PRJacker:
----------------
if(TF<15)
{
    if(UniqueDomains<1000)
       return 1;
    else
       return 0;
}
else if(TF>=15&&TF<20)
{
    if(UniqueDomains<1000)
       return 2;
    else if(UniqueDomains<=3000)
       return 1;
else
  return 0;
}
else if(TF>=20)
{
    if(UniqueDomains<((TF/10)*1500))
       return 3;
    else
       return 1;
}
else
return 0;
--------------
Let me explain a little bit, I use TF to identify authority site, and use "UniqueDomains" variable from Majestic to filter "over spammy" site, it used to work great with PRJacker which is unfortunately shut down, please help, @sven.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I might quickly add this as a new thing to choose form and add this script hardcoded...if that helps i will add it now...else adding a script engine might take way longer and i think most people are already confused with all the options.
  • @Sven, it will be very helpful if you can add this script hardcoded, I prefer to use it privately as you know once it's public used, it might not be efficient as it is supposed to, however, I am ok if it's an public option in the script list.
    Thanks again.
    ok but according to that script, you will never get a PR above 3 here...wouldn't it be better to modify it to allow all ranges?
  • sashiloversashilover China
    edited August 2016
    Actually PR above 3 is meaningless to me, I use PR2+ for Tier1, and PR1 for Tier2, keep it as simple as possible.
    well would be nice if you can come up with something that i can provide in the software that still gives pr0-10 back here. Else i might do it myself and then it would be wrong.
  • @sven, I already shared the script above, and the easy way to implement this is to add an option like "Spamfilter(TrustFlow, UniqueDomains)", the return PR value can be 0,1,2 and 3.
    My campaigns have to stop because of the lack of such filter.
    Please ADD this in the software.
    Thanks a lot. 
    you put it on me now to modify your script to reflect proper pr...not a good way to handle things but well
    latest version has this added
  • Highly appreciated as always. King!
  • @sven, thanks for the quick response.

BUT it seems that you use the ROOT domain instead of SUB-domain to check the metrics, which causes the INACCURATE results, could you please either add another option like "TF_Uniquedomain(Subdomain)" or just simply change to obtain the metrics for the subdomain in PR simulator.

Thanks a lot.

Well no. It's the URL you submit to the tool. In SER you can setup things to either get the metric from root/sub-domain or URL.
  • That's right, however I have set "Use PR of subdomain" in SER, but PR simulator return the metrics of root domain instead of the subdomain.
    and the subdomain is different from the root one? If so give me the URL SER sends.
  • @sven, there are a lot of URL that has different root domains against subdomains, e.g.

The root domain is abc.com, and the subdomain is www.abc.com, they have different metrics for www and non-www versions.
    isn't that a bit unnatural? I mean when building links and I know the www. version has a better metric than the none-www or the other way around; wouldn't I always pick the metric with the highest version? Google would choose the www. or none www. anyway according to best stats.
  • Subdomain usually shows the more accurate stats than the root domain, because a root domain can contain a lost of subdomains, just like web2.0, and Google sees the subdomain as a standalone site.
    So I always use "PR of sudomain" in the SER to check the metrics of subdomain that the URL belongs to.

yes I understand, but int his case I would not agree where the subdomain is www.
  • I am a little confused, if I set "PR of subdomain" in SER, will SER send the subdomain instead of the URL nor the root domain to PR simulator for check the PR? this feature was implemented in PRJacker, and we don't have to worry about which stats are useful or not...
    Maybe I am wrong on something, but the way I obtain the PR of subdomain is working great in previous projects, and I just keep that way.
    Please advise.
    If you setup to get PR of Subdomain, then SER will send the SubDomain to it and nothing else. So the Data SER receives, is the one you wanted.
  • @Sven, that's exactly what I want, but now it seems there is a bug in the PR simulator, even I set "Get PR of Subdomain" in SER, PR simulator STILL return the PR of ROOT domain, it's very easy to reproduce the issue, please fix it.
    OK but that SubDomain URL is what? Is it really some subdomain or just www.domain.com ?
  • sashiloversashilover China
    edited August 2016
    @sven, is there any updates on this? Thanks.
    just checked http://community.healthstoriesproject.com/ alone and it gave me the correct data. I can't see why it would return a different TF for you here. All other data is correct. I got 18 and in your post above you got 14. The rest of the data is however correct and from SubDomain. So I wonder why this was mixed up. From the code alone it is impossible to get the RootDomain value mixed up here.
  • I noticed only the subdomain of non-www returns the correct metrics, but if a subdomain is from www like:
    ------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------
    The TF/CF returned is actually the ROOT domain "themagicsunglasses.com".
    And the TF/CF of "www.themagicsunglasses.com" is 17/38, not 5/17.

Please leave this www. stuff for a moment. I was talking about the community.healthstoriesproject.com domain. I get totally different values than you!?
  • No Sven, all other subdomain returns the correct value, unfortunately majority of the target URLs are with the www version, and I can't just ignore the issue...
    Thanks for your help.
    OK so it IS just www. issue for you here...well I would always take the highest rating from wither www. or none www. domains. Thats something I would add.
  • Yes, it is just www. issue. 
    >.well I would always take the highest rating from wither www. or none www. domains.
    Sorry, I am not sure I can understand, do you mean PR simulator always return the higher PR in www. and non www. domain? it doesn't look like the way that PR Simulator does currently.
    When I can expect the correct metrics being returned in PR simulator, will you fix it soon?
    I would have "fixed" this already if you would just have explained it correctly. You are jumping from one topic to another. Thats the problem here. However I will add the behavior in next update as I explained above.